This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Monday, July 7, 2008

Week 29

It is now week 29 and I can’t believe that we only have 11 more weeks to go! That is exciting and sort of scary all at the same time. 11 weeks is only 77 more days and I know that is just going to fly by and be here before we know it! I feel like there is SO much more to do before B-C arrives. We still have to set up the “nursery” and get everything organized and in order. Once we have those things finished I think that I will feel better about things. The exciting part is we get to meet our baby sooner than later. I cannot wait for that!

Our baby now weighs about 2 ½ pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. B-C’s muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and the head is growing bigger to make room for the developing brain. To meet B-C’s increasing nutritional demands, I’ll need to continue to get plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because the baby’s bones are soaking up lots of calcium, I’ve read that I’ll have to be sure to drink lots of milk or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice. This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in our baby's hardening skeleton each day. That is amazing!


B-C has been very active these days. He/she moves all the time now! Our doctor told us that we can start conditioning the baby to our schedule even before it is born…that is crazy but we are giving it a try. I’ve been taking notice as to when B-C is most active and have found it is mostly mid-morning, early evening and late at night. B-C seems to dance around after meals too and always after dessert! The only time that needs some adjusting is the late at night time slot…we can only hope and pray that when our baby gets here it is a good sleeper and that it is not a night owl. It would almost be ironic that Mark and I would have a night owl for a child seeing that we are two of the earliest birds you know! Soon everything will be changing, why not our sleep patterns too! Just the other night I rolled over about 2am and snuggled up to Mark’s back and all of a sudden the baby hauled off and kicked so hard that Mark actually felt it! He was like “I think the baby just kicked me in the butt!” It was so funny!

This week as been an adventurous one. Mark and I drove up to Pennsylvania with my dad and my nephew Cole last Wednesday. We drove straight through the night and it was quite a trip to say the least. We all took turns driving (except Cole of course!) so it wasn’t too bad. I was definitely ready to get out of the truck by the time we reached my Nana’s house but all in all it was a good trip. Since we’ve been here we have been visiting family and we also took a trip up to the Schwab family cabin in the Pocono Mountains. We spent the Fourth of July there and we all had a great time. The guys worked really hard on some big projects like replacing the top of the chimney on the roof and re-laying the flagstone front porch. Mark’s big project was laying a flagstone floor and hearth for the wood burning stove in the cabin. My cousin Amy and I even got to help with that one! We were the ones that laid out the pattern of stone to go up on the wall behind the stove. It was sort of like putting together a giant puzzle! It was such a great time. The weather was beautiful too…we even had to wear jeans and a windbreaker on the 4th! Cole had a great time shooting off a ton of fireworks that the guys bought him on one of their trips to town. He had so many fireworks that it took two days for him to blow them all up! Tonight the boys are driving back from the cabin and we are all meeting up at my Aunt Winnie and Uncle Chet’s house for dinner. It will be great to see all the family again before we have to head back home tomorrow. I am not really looking forward to the long drive home but if it goes as well as the ride up it won’t be that big of a deal.

As you can see I am really enjoying my time off of work. I’m looking forward to getting back home so that we can start working on the baby’s side of our bedroom. There is still so much to do but I am really looking forward to it all coming together. It will be nice to have a few more weeks off so that I can accomplish some things around the condo and relax a little. I am still feeling wonderful but I do tire out more quickly these days. All in all I cannot complain…I feel like I have been blessed with a wonderful pregnancy and I really hope it continues for the next 11 weeks!

No comments: