This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Week 28

It is now week 28 and that means that I am officially in the third trimester and approximately 7 months pregnant. I now find myself referring to my pregnancy in months now rather than weeks. If someone randomly asks me I will tell them 7 months and if another woman/mom asks me how far along I am I tell her 28 weeks because they understand pregnancy talk! That is one of Mark’s pet-peeves…he hates it when I refer to the baby’s age in weeks and not months…although I think he is finally getting use to the idea of weeks now that we are getting close to the end of this pregnancy! Go figure!

I am feeling great so far even thought it is really starting to steam-up here in Florida. It has consistently been in the 90’s and it has been storming everyday too. Yesterday we got caught in a bad thunderstorm on the way back from Lakeland…there was hail and everything! Thank goodness for air conditioning and the pool! I am so lucky that I work inside and that I get to sit at a desk all day long. I never thought those words would ever come out of my mouth but I’ve been especially grateful the past few weeks!

Speaking of it being crazy hot, we all went to Sea World this past Saturday to celebrate my big sister Becky’s 32nd birthday…I bet she didn’t think that I would put ALL of that in the blog! We had a great time despite the fact that it was sweltering hot. We took in the dolphin and whale show, we stood in line for forever so that we could be the first to feed the dolphins at the 1:30 feeding time, and the guys and my mom rode the Kraken rollercoaster. I was unfortunately too large with child to ride and Becky wasn’t digging the idea of a twisty-turny rollercoaster so soon after lunch. So she and I waited patently in the blazing hot sun for the others to ride...aren’t we sweet? The feeding of the dolphins was really cool. You had to purchase trays of fish and then you could go over and actually feed them to the dolphins…it was pretty neat cause you could pet them too! After such a hot day Mark and I decided to take it easy and so we went and got sushi for dinner and then took in a movie. I didn’t even have to feel bad about eating sushi after spending the day at Sea World because pregnant girls can’t have raw fish sushi so no little fishes were harmed in the making of our dinner!

Yesterday was a great day too. Mark and I actually slept in and then had a lazy morning of “home church” and breakfast. After breakfast we drove over to Lakeland so that we could visit with Mark’s mom, grandmother, and sister Lyn who is in town from Phoenix. It was great to see everyone and even more fun showing them the video of the 4D ultrasound. It is so nice to be able to share this experience with our families. Even though everyone isn’t close geographically it is great that we can all share this special time together even if it has to be though the use of technology (i.e. this blog)! Lyn actually came back to Orlando with us yesterday afternoon and we stopped by my mom’s so that we could look at and pick up all the fun baby things that we received at the shower last weekend. I have the fun task of taking it all to the storage unit today and organizing it all in a systematic order! It was great to be able to spend time with Lyn…we went out for pizza for dinner and then we all just hung out at the condo after that. It was fun because she was able to feel B-C kick last night after I had dessert…go figure…the baby likes sweets already!


By this week, our baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of the head to the heels. B-C can blink his/her eyes, which now sport lashes. Ahhhh…that is so cool! With the eyesight developing, B-C may be able to see the light that filters in through my womb. The baby is also developing billions of neurons in its brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world. We are very anxious to see our baby. After the amazing images that we received at last week’s ultrasound Mark and I both feel a renewed excitement about B-C….not that it didn’t feel real before. Just after seeing a glimpse of our baby it makes it that much harder to be patient for September to get here!

This is a picture that Mark took of me the other night...can you tell that it is starting to get harder and harder for me to find a comfortable position to lounge in? I think we were really seeing the B-C move that night...that is the ONLY reason I would have my shirt up like that!

1 comment:

A Keys Life said...

You are so right, I had know idea you would put ALL that info in your blog! Too cute! I had a great time on Saturday with you and Mark. I couldn't ask for a better start to my b-day! Thanks for making it special. Love you both.

Becky