It is now week 32 and that mean we only have 8 more weeks to go…roughly 2 months! Yippy! So much has been going on with us lately that I feel like the time is really flying by…and that is a good thing!By now, Brooks-Charlotte weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama…used a lot in Mexican cooking and is also called a Mexican Potato) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in my uterus. I am now gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to the baby…thank God! In fact, B-C will gain a third to half of his/her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he/she fattens up for survival outside the womb. Our baby now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). The skin is becoming soft and smooth as B-C plumps up in preparation for birth. I just love chubby babies!
I continue to feel great even though it is scorching hot here in Florida. I’ve been spending a lot of time at the pool tanning my belly. The water feels great and if I want sun on my back I have to be on a float in the pool now…the ol’ ring trick on the lounge chair doesn’t work anymore! How sad! I am back to work this week so no more afternoons at the pool…but I only have two more weeks of work so I’m thinking that I’ll survive! Here is some exciting news…last week I turned in my letter of resignation to OCPS. It was not an easy decision for Mark and me but once we prayed about it, it really seemed like the best decision for ALL of us. I decided to go ahead and give my two weeks now rather than later…I think that it is really important for OCPS to have someone take over my position ASAP so that way there is not a lapse in responsibility. It will be much easier for all of us that way. Besides that I am not really officially unemployed…drum roll please…I have in the meantime accepted an adjunct teaching position at UCF which we are VERY excited about. I’ll be teaching just one class starting this fall and it only meets one day a week so it should be very doable. It is amazing how the Lord will close a door but then open a window! Exciting stuff!So besides all of the work related things going on, Mark and I have been very busy…what’s new? This past week we had a doctor’s visit that went really well and then afterwards we got to go over to Winnie Palmer Hospital and visit with some friends that just had their baby the day before. Bryan and Carol Burless welcomed Brady Paul last Monday and it was so great to go and see them on Tuesday and hold their little one…it
REALLY made me want to hold my own baby…he was SO precious and sweet! On Wednesday we went out to dinner with Mark’s mom, his sister Lyn and his brother Rick. Afterwards we went to the movies and watched Mamma Mia…SO good…I loved it but the guys thought it was just ok…what do they know!?!?! Later in the week we all met up again and went to visit Mickey Mouse at his house…the Magic Kingdom. We had a great day full of lots of fun and lots of sunshine. It was definitely a hot day but the lines were not too bad and everyone had a great time on all the rides…everyone except B-C and me! We all got to stand in line together but no riding for the two of us!This weekend was a huge learning experience for Mark and me…we spent all day Saturday and Sunday taking our Lamaze class! Even though the days were long with lots of info we really enjoyed the classes and we both felt that we really learned a lot. It was great to learn all about the ins and outs of the hospital that we will be delivering at and about all the different birthing options. My favorite part was learning that Winnie Palmer offers a “walking” epidural for pain
management…it is suppose to be one of the best! Even though you have an epidural you can still move around the room because it does not make you totally numb. It is said that you feel no pain but you do feel pressure which is a good thing once it is time to push. And to top it all off, if the walking epidural is not strong enough I can go ahead and have a traditional epidural at any time because the meds are compatible. Can you tell that I paid attention to the pain management portion of the class???? Well besides all of that we also learned a lot about the actual birth process and Mark was able to get lots and lots of important dad tips to take into account during labor…he is going to be such a awesome birthing partner/coach. My next favorite part of the class was the part where we (well mainly Mark) learned how to give great back massages! We learned tons of relaxation techniques and Mark even learned how to give a proper hand and foot massage…it is fabulous and he is already a pro! I loved the whole experience and it really made me feel ready for this baby…anytime after 37 weeks that is!
No comments:
Post a Comment