This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Week 31

We are now in week 31 and it seems very surreal that we only have 9 weeks to go until we meet B-C. I didn’t realize that until today when an older gentleman at the YMCA asked me how much longer I had left. I had to stop and think about it…9 weeks is all and I think I was just as surprised as he was. He couldn’t believe that I was still coming to the gym…it was kind of funny and sweet at the same time.

This week, our baby measures over 16 inches long! No wonder B-C is kicking so much…he/she is running out of room! According to all the books I should take comfort: All the moving is a sign that our baby is active and healthy. B-C weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He/she can turn its head from side to side, and the arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath the skin.
We had a very sad week this past week. Mark’s mom’s husband Darryl lost his courageous battle with cancer. He fought his brain tumor for two very long years and on this past Saturday he succumbed to complications from his last tumor removal surgery. We are all so very sad for Mark’s mom and Darryl’s family. He was such an amazing guy and will be missed more than he will ever know. Please remember them all in your thoughts and prayers.

This week is another very full week for all of us. We have been spending a lot of time over in the Lakeland area with Mark’s mom and grandmother. Mark’s brother and sister are in town and so we have been spending a lot of family time together. This week we have a lot planned between Mark and I working and visiting with the fam. We have a fun movie night planned as well as a day at a theme park…lots of fun!

Another exciting event this week was that Mark and I went and purchased our glider and ottoman for B-C eminent arrival. We both love the glider and the ottoman is awesome because it has a storage compartment! We are already “fighting” over who will get to sit in the glider! I say that the rule should be that whoever is holding B-C should be the one who gets to sit in the glider…and right now I am the only one “holding” B-C! Heehee! So as you can see all of the little things are starting to come together and it is all very exciting for us.

I continue to feel great these days. I’m definitely feeling the normal aches and pains of being 31 weeks pregnant but nothing too terrible that I need to complain about. One big milestone this week was that I was NOT able to paint my own toenails and I “had” to go and get a pedicure with my mom and sister. A girl can’t have unpainted toes in the summer time and so it looks like I’ll have to start making this a routine thing…at least until the baby gets here right?

1 comment:

amynoel18 said...

Hey Abs! Please give Mark a big hug for me. I am sorry for his loss. Have you read 90 mins in heaven yet? I just finished it. You & Mark should read it. It is an amazing story. So good!

It was great to read that you are still feeling pretty good and treating yourself now that you can't reach your toes! Too cute!

Grad class is going well. Today was day #2 of my 3rd class this summer. I am learning SO MUCH! It makes me feel so good to know I am going to go back to school with so many fresh ideas and more knowledge! I am sure I will be looking forward to it when it comes. Not too soon thought. :)

Well I just wanted to say HI and let you know I was thinking about you! XOXO,Amy