It is now week 30 and it really feels just like yesterday that it was week 10! 30 weeks seems like such a long time but in the grand scheme of things it really isn’t all that long. So that means that there are only 10 more weeks left until B-C gets here unless it decides to come early and 10 weeks is only 70 days! That is so much fun and very exciting!Our baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds our baby, but that volume will decrease as B-C gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. Its eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after B-C is born, he/she will keep their eyes closed for a good part of the day. When the baby does open them, he/she will respond to changes in light but will only have 20/400 vision — which means it can only make out objects a few inches from its face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.) I knew that babies didn’t have the best vision but I had no idea that it was that bad!
Things have definitely been crazy around here the past week or so. We had a long drive back from Pennsylvania and it took a few days to rest up from such a long trip. Mark and I have also been busy with the selling of our Gainesville house. We had to make a special trip up to G’ville so that we could do one last walk through the house to make sure that we didn’t leave anything behind! We closed on the house yesterday and have the confirmation of the money in the bank to prove it! We are SO excited to tie up one more loose end before B-C arrives! What a huge load off our backs! I ended up staying a couple of extra days in Gainesville with Alex, Andrea and Brady Hart. I had so much fun visiting and relaxing with my girlfriends. We even got some work done while I was there. Andrea goes back to work next week so we took all day Monday and cooked up a storm so that way her freezer is stocked with quick and easy meals. It was so much fun! I did have to come back home to Orlando at some point so Mark drove half way yesterday to pick me up. Bummer!I continue to feel great these days. My belly is getting bigger each week but that is ok with me. I definitely feel pregnant and somewhat cumbersome. It is not easy getting out of bed or off the couch these days and my feet hurt if I am on them for too long but all of this is ok with me…it just means that I am that much closer to meeting our baby and then after that it all goes away! It is SO worth it! We are getting more and more ready each day for B-C's arrival. I took the time and washed all the baby things that we have so far and sort of took an inventory of everything. I’ve washed so many blankets and onesies it is not even funny. I had to go to IKEA and buy a hanging set of shelves to put in the closet because I didn’t have a place to put all the clothes, towels, washcloths, blankets and such! We are definitely going to have to buy a tall/narrow chest of drawers to put next to the crib…we are running out of room already! We hope to get the crib and changing table set up soon and get everything ready that way. I'm super anal and bought some storage bins to put all of the baby things that we do not have room for in the condo right now or that we will not need to use for a while. I labeled them all and have everything separated according to size, age etc… If I have to have things in storage they might as well be organized and accessible!
B-C is doing great too. He/she moves all the time now and I am not so sure about that whole conditioning thing in the womb. I think it moves when it wants to move and that is usually after meals and from 6:30-7:00 at night until about 9:30 or 10:00. I can count on it every night! I love it even though the movements are much bigger now and way more noticeable from the outside. It is amazing that you can tell how the baby in lying…sometimes it will be all on one side and other times it will have its little bum in the air and you can totally tell because my belly is all misshapen and hard in that one area…it is wicked! But like I said I just love it. I think it will be one of those things that I will miss once I am not pregnant anymore. Mark will miss it too…he just loves feeling the baby move and just the other morning when he was saying good morning to B-C he placed his head on my belly and B-C hauled off and kicked him in the face! He just laughed and thought it was SO cool! Daddies!
No comments:
Post a Comment