This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Week 10


So far so good! I still feel great with NO morning sickness! Yippy! This past week was a busy one for Mark and me. We are both very involved with work (no fun) and I am also volunteering twice a week with a cool program called Girls on the Run. I work with pre-teen girls at a local middle school and it's a running based afterschool program. The girls are great and I just love being around them...they have such interesting perspectives!

Mark and I went up to Gainesville this past weekend to finish up packing up the house. The movers came Monday and brought everything down to Orlando. That was the really sad part of the weekend. I just love our house in Gainesville and I hate to leave it! The fun part of the weekend was having some friends from Orlando come and stay with us Saturday and Sunday. Cyndy came to town because she was running the Gainesville Half Marathon and I was planing on running part of the way with her. Well I ended up running about 11 of the 13 miles with her but I felt great! A woman at the finish line tried to give me a medal for finishing but I had to decline...I wasn't even registered for the race!

So this week we are officially 10 weeks pregnant. According to our book(s) our baby is now a little over an inch long...the size of a kumquat (see picture)! It weighs about 5 grams! That is still so tiny but so much bigger than it was last week! It is so amazing that it has all of its fingers and toes and that includes fingernails and toenails. He/She even has fine peach fuzz hair...bless its little heart...that is probably all that it will be born with too! Poor thing doesn't have a chance between Mark and me...I was totally bald when I was born!

I am looking forward to the coming weeks when I really start to show. Right now I feel so good and not that different that sometimes I forget that I am actually pregnant. I think once my belly really pops out it will be more real to me...let alone when I finally feel my little kumquat move! I can't wait!

3 comments:

caroline and mike said...

so cute abbie!!!! so youare officially all oved out. how crazy!!!! hey, mike and i will be in gainesville april3-7th for a wedding. i'd love to get together!!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!

Anonymous said...

You are the cutest, and most athletic mom! I'm so happy for you and Mark.
-Allison

Anonymous said...

ummmmhmmmm you rock!
CT