This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Reality Sinking in...

I finally think that reality has sunk in that we are going to have a baby. Today we are exactly 8 weeks along and according to our specialist our due date is September 24th. That really seems like forever away but I know that it will be here before we know it! Our baby is now a 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch long and it is so amazing that it already has a functioning heart and ears!

I went out to Barnes and Noble this week to check out their books on pregnancy... I had to stop myself from buying all of them! I figured one is good for now so I picked out Your Pregnancy Week by Week. Mark and I started reading it together and it is really informative. I love seeing the pictures of what our baby looks like and what changes are taking place week by week. There is also a lot of good info on what I am or will be experiencing. The chapter on heartburn and indigestion was a huge help! I really cannot complain about being pregnant (yet!). Besides occasional heartburn/indigestion episodes I am feeling great!

We have our first appointment with our Ob/Gyn next Monday (2/18). We are exited that we were able to get in with a really good group of doctors. I will be seeing Dr. Thatcher who is suppose to be one of the best here in Orlando. She and her group actually delivered Tiger Woods' baby last year! Mark and I are looking forward to our first visit because we hope to have a lot of our questions answered.

No comments: