This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Brooks: Week 6

Brooks will be six weeks old tomorrow! Right now he is lounging in his daddy’s arms take a little nap while I write this post. He is such a great baby but even great babies are a lot of work…no wonder it is Thursday and I am just now updating the blog!

We have had a super busy week this week. It all started last weekend when Brooks and I went on our first road trip. We drove up to Perry last Thursday and we stayed until Sunday. My mom rode with us (thank the Lord) and it made the trip up SO much better than I expected. He was such an awesome baby and such a great traveler. We had a great weekend in Perry seeing all of my family and friends and enjoying all the Florida Forest Festival activities. My sister-in-laws threw us a beautiful baby shower on Sunday afternoon. It was so nice to visit with all of our old family friends and to introduce them to Brooks. Baby showers after the baby arrives are the best!

While we were in Perry Brooks and I stayed with my brother Chad and his family. My sister-in-law Dana outdid herself by setting up a complete nursery for Brooks including clothes, diapers, a changing/bath station, a pack-n-play, bouncy seat and even a swing…it was AWESOME! I didn’t have to bring a thing with me for the baby besides his car seat and stroller! Chad kept saying that I was being spoiled and I kept saying that I was being loved! Another great thing is Dana sent me home with all the clothes that fit Brooks right now…we are set for next 3 months! She has saved all of the clothes that her four boys wore for Brooks and man are we ever grateful! It is like Christmas for me!

Brooks now weighs over 12 pounds…he is not missing any meals that is for sure! He is still doing great on his eat, play, sleep cycle. During the day he is eating every 3-4 hours and at night he has one good 4-5 hour stretch, usually from 11:00-4:00. It is great because I feel like I am getting a good 3-4 hour stretch of sleep and I only have to get up once during the middle of the night. After his long night stretch he is back on to his 3-4 hour eating schedule. I love it because it is somewhat predictable and I’ve even been able to plan around his eating schedule. Everyday life is beginning to resemble normalcy and that is a good thing!

Brooks is really starting to be more aware of his surroundings. He is smiling a lot more these days and it is definitely not gas! When Mark comes home in the evenings he will start talking to Brooks and Brooks will turn his head towards Mark and just listen and smile...it is so cute and will melt your heart!


I am back to teaching full time now...well full time is one day a week for 3 hours! It was great to get back in the classroom and to see all of my students. I think they missed me! Brooks got to hang out with his buddy Tyson last night. Natalie and Jacob came over for dinner last night and we all got sushi take out...it was fabulous! The little boys were great and the big boys had a good time hanging out too. We even made it to our small group meeting on Tuesday night this week. Brooks was a champ and was so good while we all met. Bernice held him the entire time and he barely made a peep...she has the magic touch!

I went for my six week postpartum visit today. Everything was great with me. My c-section incision has healed beautifully (besides me being allergic to the dissolvable stitches) and I’ve been released by my doctor. It was strange to hear her say to me today “ok, see you in a year”, especially when we were going to the doctor every week there at the end of our pregnancy. It was sort of sad! Well I feel great physically and I was super excited to see that I am back down to my pre-pregnancy weight already! I had to have Mark go to our storage unit last week to dig out my pre-pregnancy clothes…I was running out of thing to wear! I am looking forward to starting back exercising. I plan to take it easy at first because I know that lately a busy day full of being on my feet takes it out of me. Tomorrow morning I plan on going on a nice power walk with Brooks. The weather here has been gorgeous and I plan on taking advantage of it!

Brooks is looking forward to his first Halloween tomorrow. He is going to look SO cute in all of his holiday gear. He has several outfits to choose from but that is a good thing seeing that he spits up all day long! We are going trick or treating tomorrow night and wait until you see the outfit that Brooks is dressing up in…too cute! Happy Halloween!






No comments: