This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Friday, November 7, 2008

Brooks: Week 7

Brooks is 7 weeks old today. He now weighs over 12 pounds and I swear he is getting taller! He is wearing size 3 month clothing and some of his 3 month Carter onesies are now tight! He is definitely busting at the snaps in a few of them. It is so sad because I’ve already had to put away all of his newborn things. They say that time flies but I never knew that it was going to be this fast!
As you can see from the pictures, Brooks had a great Halloween! He was the most precious pea-in-a-pod ever! The outfit ended up being perfect because it was actually cool here when we went trick or treating. Brooks didn’t end up getting too much candy…he actually slept through most of the night! We got some really cute pictures of him and Mark and I had a great time with our small group and all of their kids.

Have I told you all that Brooks loves his bath? It is his most favorite time of the day! We are now bathing him in the tub and he just kicks and splashes around in there. It is so cute! We have a special “froggy” washcloth that is made to lie on top of him so that he does not get too cold…it is perfect and every baby should have one! The only time he gets fussy is when we take him out of the water…but Mark is the most excellent bath giver and Brooks has a perfect “no cry” record with his daddy! I am not so lucky but that is ok…Mark has to be better at something, right?!?!?!

Brooks is really starting to become more aware of his surroundings and it is so awesome to see him developing more and more every day. He is smiling so much these days and it really does melt my heart every time he cracks one! He is really ticklish under his chin and on his feet…it works every time to get him to smile. Mark and I are loving it…it really makes it rewarding as a parent when your child starts to recognize your face and smiling at you in response!



We went over to Jacob and Natalie’s house the other night for dinner and Brooks was able to try out all of their son Tyson’s toys. They have ALL the baby gear and it was great because we discovered that Brooks loves the cradle swing. Who knew! So of course I start pricing them and those suckers are expensive ($150+)! So momma got smart and found a “like new” one on Craig’s List for 50 bucks! We went and picked it up today and man I tell you what it was worth every penny! He is in it right now and I’ve not heard him peep! I am so excited…I will now be able to get dinner ready without him on my hip (not that I mind holding him but it is next to impossible to cook and hold a baby at the same time…besides that it is dangerous)!

So Brooks gets to go to his very first NBA game tomorrow. Mark told me today that we have tickets to the Magic game tomorrow night! I am excited to take him…and it will be fun for Mark and me to get out of the house! I’ll be sure to take lots of pictures and post them next week.

No comments: