This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Brooks: Week 3


Brooks is almost three weeks old…time is certainly flying by! This week was a very eventful week for all of us. There were lots and lots of “firsts” for our little man and for Mommy and Daddy too. We are definitely all getting use to each other and I feel like each day is easier than the last.

First of all we are finally starting to get on somewhat of a schedule. It is still not the same each day but our nights are getting better. Sunday night Brooks actually slept from 11pm till 4:30am! Can you believe it? When I woke up to feed him at 4:30 I felt like I had had a full night of sleep! Last night wasn’t that great…I think Brooks is going through a growth spurt…he was up every 2 ½ to 3 hours to eat…little piggy! It was the same all day today too but that is ok with me…I want him to grow big and strong! We go back to the pediatrician this Friday and I can’t wait to see how much weight he has gained. He definitely feels heavier to me!

Brooks’ little belly button finally fell off this week. We were really happy when that nasty old thing went away…it was not the prettiest thing to look at each time we had to change his diaper. So now he has a cute innie belly button. You will have to take a look at it in the picture of his first “real” bath. That was another mile stone this week. We finally got to submerge our little man in the sink for his first “real” bath. He was ok with it all at first but then I think he got a little cold and so he let us know that he was not a happy camper! Another first this week was Brooks took his first bottle! I’ve been pumping breast milk for the past week and so we can now give him a bottle at night or if I am away. My mom was actually the first one to give him a bottle on Saturday morning while some friends and I were out garage selling in Celebration. Mark gave him his second bottle on Sunday night and Brooks seems to be ok with it all…and that is a good thing! He looks like such a big boy when he is taking a bottle!

On Sunday afternoon Brooks got to meet his great-grandmother (Mark’s Granny). She is not doing really well health wise but she was bound and determined that she was going to meet her first great-grandchild. It was such a sweet moment for all of us…she was so pleased to see him and we got some really great pictures of the two of them together. Granny said that Brooks is much cuter than Mark ever was as a baby…that must mean he looks more like me! Just kidding!

Well as you can see things are going really great for all of us. It is a learning experience each day for both Mark and me and we just hope that we don’t screw up our first child too much…I tell Brooks each day that I am sorry but we have to experiment on someone! He seems to understand and doesn’t hold it against us too much! We are all really exhausted by the end of the day but it is a good kind of tired. We are SO in love with our little boy…he is the sweetest most adorable baby in the entire world…I may be partial but it is the truth!

No comments: