seems like he has been here forever but at the same time it feels like he was just born yesterday. We are SO in love with our little man already!This past week has been very eventful. Brooks is changing daily and I just love to look back at ALL the pictures that we’ve been taking just to see all the changes. We had our first visit to the pediatrician last Wednesday for a “well visit” and to meet another one of the doctors in the practice. Brooks was a trooper and he got a super clean bill of health. He is already back up to his birth weight and that in and of itself is amazing. They don’t look for a breastfed baby to be back up to birth weight for at least 2-3 weeks…our boy is a great eater so what can I say! He has also grown an inch since he was born! Mark was super excited about that because he is banking on Brooks being a “6 footer”! Ha!
Brooks is such a great baby. He has already settled nicely into a 4 hour eating schedule! Even though it is not the same 4 hours each day we are NOT complaining. The only times he really fusses is when he is having his clothes changed or when he is really hungry. When he wakes up at night he’s not even crying but just sort of grunts and groans until I get him up to eat. How sweet is that?!?!?
Last week was great because my mom came and stayed the whole week with us and can I tell you what a HUGE help she was. It was so nice to have an extra set of hands around the house to help with the little things that I do not seem to have time to do these days. Go figure. My mom is back this week but only during the day but I am not complaining. I am still not allowed to drive yet (because of the c-section) so that puts a damper on just Brooks and me getting out of the house. It has been great to have my mom here to help us get out and about…Target, Publix and Babies-R-Us have been the destinations of choice this week! Can I just tell you how many diapers this child is going through…and Pampers are
NOT cheep! Ahhh…the things you realize after the baby is here…So I go back to the doctor this week and I hope to find out when I get my stitches out and when I get to drive again. I really feel great and I feel like I am healing quickly. I am only taking Advil these days for pain but that is only when I remember to take it. Like I said, I really feel great. I feel so good that I have to remind myself that I did just have major surgery and that I cannot do everything like I use to such as reach up high for things or pick up anything heavier than Brooks. It’s an adjustment but I am getting use to it.

Well Brooks is meeting more and more of his f
amily and friends. My brother, sister-in-law, nieces and nephew came down to Orlando this past weekend to meet him and he also got to see his GJ (Mark’s mom) again on Saturday. We’ve also had a few visitors come over to our house. Brooks mostly sleeps through these visits but that is ok…I know that he feel so loved by everyone. He cannot wait to meet the rest of his far off family!
No comments:
Post a Comment