This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Week 14

It is week 14...can you believe it? Time seems to be flying by and I am not complaining. I am so ready for September to get here! I know that they say the 9 month wait is good so that you can prepare and all but I am already so ready to meet this baby! I am excited about the changes that its entrance will make to our little family and all the excitement, joy and sleepless nights it will bring. But don’t think that Mark and I are not enjoying this last little bit of “alone time” together. We have established a weekly date night that we hope will continue once the little one gets here and we are enjoying all the sleep we can get! Bring on the weekend!

I continue to feel great these days. My heartburn and indigestion are starting to subside a bit (either that or I am just getting use to it!) My belly is definitely growing and it is fun to notice all the changes it brings. Most of my clothes still “fit” but I am depending on the bella band more and more these days as well as the old rubber band through the buttonhole trick. It is amazing how inventive you can get when it comes to getting dressed in the morning! My skin has been really itchy around my belly lately and I am trying really hard not to scratch it too much. I have been using Palmer’s Cocoa Butter lotion on my belly area since I first found out that I was pregnant. I’m sure it was a bit of overkill but better safe than sorry. I will still probably get tons of stretch marks but it doesn’t hurt to try and prevent a few!

So this week our baby measures out to be a whopping 3 and a half inches long and weighs about 1 and a half ounces. This equates to about the size of a lemon. This week's big developments are our baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck its thumb! I bet you anything it will be a thumb sucker…I was until I was 5 years old! It will be like a built in passy that can never be lost! Sweet!

There has been a recent request to hear more about Mark on this blog. So here goes! Mark is doing great these days. We had a very nice Easter this past weekend where we spent the day with family and friends. Poor Mark is now fighting a bad chest cold…I sure hope he doesn’t share it with me! He seems to be feeling a bit better today so hopefully he has turned the corner. He is very excited about this baby coming this fall. He is so sweet and talks/sings to it all the time and he even reads to our baby…Dr. Seuss is his favorite. He is going to be such a great daddy. He also has been taking fantastic care of me. He is so understanding and supportive…bless his heart…I know that he is SO glad that the second trimester is here and that I am feeling somewhat normal again! What a trooper!

We are going on vacation next week but hopefully I will be able to post while we are away. I’ll keep up with the pictures and keep you all posted on “our” pregnancy progress.

No comments: