We've made it though another week of pregnancy and can you believe that we are almost finished with the first trimester? It really flew by fast…I can only imagine how fast the rest of this pregnancy will go! I still feel great! No morning sickness but I decided this week that sometimes I have “evening sickness”. I usually start feeling bad around dinner time. I don’t feel nauseous or anything like that but just kind of blah and a little off. Hopefully this to will pass once the second trimester gets here!This week our baby has grown a half an inch and is now 2 inches long! He/She weighs about half an ounce and is the size of a lime. My belly is definitely poking out a little more and most of my pants do not button! Thank goodness that Andrea loaned me her Bella Band. I can wear that over the top of my unbuttoned pants and it hides the facts that I am only half way dressed! It is a wonderful invention!

We are excited to have another doctor’s visit scheduled for next Monday (March 17th). I am not sure what we will find out at the appointment but maybe they will listen to the heart beat…that would be fantastic! It is just nice to know that our little kumquat (on steroids!) is still there. I can’t wait to be able to feel him/her move in my tummy…it will be further confirmation that everything is a-ok.
I am not sure if I mentioned it earlier but we are NOT going to find out this little baby’s gender. Mark and I are both very determined not to spoil the surprise much to the chagrin of many of our friends, family and co-workers. People look at you like you are on crack when you tell them you aren’t finding out but it is sort of fun to keep everyone in baby gender limbo! Either way Mark and I will be very happy with the outcome. We have pretty much decided on a name for both a boy and girl. We are not keeping those a secret but we aren’t broadcasting them either. It is funny how everyone seems to have a strong opinion these days and they are not afraid to voice it. We really LOVE both names we have picked out and if you ask we will tell you…I just don’t think that they will make the blog.
Now that I am in my third month I'm starting to really think about all the baby things that we will need. I have a crib and changing table picked out at IKEA and I’ve already purchased the baby bedding. I think it is so adorable and perfect for a gender neutral room. It matches our bedding and since we will ALL be sharing the same room that is somewhat important to me! The crib is white and it actually converts into a toddler bed…talk about economical and space saving! The bedding is called Fabler Groda if you want to check it out. We are so excited about all that we still have to do to prepare for this baby…thank goodness we have 6 months left!
No comments:
Post a Comment