It is week 13 and the start of my second trimester…can you believe it??? Our baby is now over 3 inches long and the size of a medium shrimp! Good thing I like shrimp! It weighs almost a whole ounce. Boy that little sucker is growing like a weed!We went to our second OB/GYN appointment yesterday and we actually got to hear our baby’s heartbeat with the use of a doppler. It was so cool! The nurse was really sweet and was telling us all kind of stories about babies. She told us that because she was able to find our baby’s heartbeat right away (without having to probe around) that it was a girl…how funny is that! She said that girls are much more “agreeable” and they cooperate much better than boys! When we told her that we were not going to find out the baby’s sex she was floored! I guess we are the minority these days. Other than that the visit was pretty uneventful. I did find out that I have gained 7 lbs since my last visit and that made me panic just a little bit! I guess gaining 7 lbs for the entire first trimester isn’t that big of a deal but it did make me question all of those crazy cravings that I have been giving into lately…like wanting Dairy Queen every other day! Hehe!
I still feel great these days. I am so happy that I was able to make it through the entire first
trimester without a bit of morning sickness. My “evening sickness” is even starting to wear off a little bit. I have been super thirsty at night but if I pace myself and not guzzle down too much water I end up feeling a lot better. The heartburn is about the same…some nights are worse than others but it is all very manageable. This week is the first week that I have broken down and worn a few maternity clothes. Andrea loaned me a ton of her things and so now I am set at least for the next few months! I actually wore one of her sweet dresses to work today! I feel so much better about myself because I am wearing clothes that actually fit…it is amazing! I feel like a new woman! Well my belly is starting to poke out a little more this week. I still look like one of those girls that had one too many cheeseburgers but that is ok…hopefully I will “pop” soon!
2 comments:
you're finally showing a little bit!!!!! how cute r u!!!! i love you abigail!
You crack me up!!!! your week by week updates are so cute :) i enjoy following you w/ your pregnancy. Looking at your belly reminds me of how far i have come. You will look back at these pics and think how skinny you were :) I will call you soon to catch up again.
love you,
ashley baur
Post a Comment