Brooks turned 10 weeks old this week and I think it is time to start counting his age in months…what do you think? It is funny when you have kids you start counting in weird ways that you thought that you never would. The entire pregnancy was counted in weeks and the first few weeks of life are too but I now think it is time to change things up! So Brooks is now 2 and ½ months old. He is still growing like a weed and I’ve noticed that he is really starting to fill out. He has officially out grown his 0-3 month clothing and even some of his 3 month things too. He is now wearing size 3-6 months!!!! Yikes! I am not sure what his exact weight is now but he sure feels solid to me!
We had a great Thanksgiving. We were here in Orlando this year and it was great to celebrate this special holiday with Brooks for the first time…we are truly thankful for our little boy! We started a fun family tradition of our own this year…Mark, Brooks and I all ran in the Orlando Turkey Trot 5K Thanksgiving morning. It was a chilly morning in the 40’s but it was fun just the same. We met up with one of our friends Joel from our small group and he ran with us too. Joel even helped push Brooks’ stroller for a good part of the race. It was a great way to start a day full of high caloric intake!


After our race we drove over to Mark’s mom’s place for an early Thanksgiving dinner. Rick (Mark’s brother) was in town from California with his girlfriend Kate. It was great to finally meet her…we were beginning to think that Rick was making her up! Dinner was excellent and of course we all ate way too much. The following day we made up for it by walking around Sea World. It was a fun time and I really think that Brooks enjoyed seeing Shamu for the first time!


Mark and I went out on a date Saturday night with Rick and Kate and my sister Becky and her boyfriend Troy. We had a great time eating sushi and yummy desserts at the Dessert Lady on Church Street. Mark’s mom (GJ) stayed with Brooks while we all went out to play…wasn’t that super nice of her? I think their time together ended up being quite uneventful seeing that Brooks slept the entire time we were away! Maybe next time he will stay up and play!
Some milestones for Brooks this week include him sleeping 7 straight hours (10pm-5am), discovering his hands and flirting (aka smiling) with girls. It is so cute and of course he is already winning too many other women’s hearts! But he saves his biggest smiles for his momma when she comes to pick him up out of his crib in the mornings…so precious!
No comments:
Post a Comment