Brooks is now 11 weeks old. He continues to grow and change day to day. Can you believe that he is already wearing some 6 month clothing??? I really think he is going to be a big boy. He weighs about 15 pounds now!!! WOW! I’ve not been able to weigh him in a while so the last time we were at Publix I got on the scale and weighed myself and then got back on the scale with Brooks in my arms…the difference was 15 pounds! That is just crazy! I definitely believe it because he is starting to feel a lot heavier and his thighs and cheeks are really starting to fill out. He is such a great eater and believe me, he never misses a meal!
Brooks’ new accomplishment in the last week was he started sleeping through the night…hallelujah! We’ve been waiting for this moment…it feels GREAT! His usual routine was to eat about 10pm and then he was up again around 3am or 4am. After that he was eating every 3 hours on the dot…he is like clockwork! Now he is still eating around 10-10:30pm but he is now not waking up until 7-7:30am!!!! The first time he did it, I jumped out of the bed and ran to his crib to make sure he was still breathing…silly I know but it sort of freaked me out! Mark says HE is SO glad that HE is finally able to get a full night of sleep…I just tell him that he can kiss my booty! The extra sleep is wonderful!
This past weekend Mark and I went to the Turner annual Christmas party. GJ (Mark’s mom) kept Brooks for us and he slept the entire time, again! I keep telling her that it is nothing personal…she must just have a calming effect on him! It was nice for Mark and me to have an evening out but it was also really fun to come home to our little man.
Monday night we went and surprised my mom at dinner. She had just flown in from being away in Boston for two weeks…she was SO thrilled to see Brooks. What a fun surprise! I taught my last class this week too. That was a really fast semester…it seems like yesterday that I was waddling into the classroom and meeting my students for the first time. What a sight I must have been to them!
This week we have also been very busy getting ready for Christmas. We started off by taking Brooks to see Santa for the first time. It was so cute and of course we took a ton of pictures! Brooks was such a good boy and I am pretty sure that he was able to whisper to Santa what he wanted this year for Christmas. We also decorated the condo for Christmas…we have two miniature trees that are loaded with our ornaments and lots of candles and lights. It feels so festive! I know that Brooks is super excited about it all!

1 comment:
i can't believe how big the little man is!!! abbie you look beautiful what a pretty dress!
Post a Comment