It is now week 39 of our very first pregnancy and I can’t believe that it is almost over…that sounds so strange to say. I’ve been pregnant for the last 9 months and it seems so weird that at the end of this week I will no longer be pregnant but a Mamma instead! The time has really flown by and I really have enjoyed this special time.For those of you that have not heard, we are scheduled to have our baby this Friday (September 19, 2008) at 12:30pm. After much thought and prayer and a lot of advice from our doctor we have opted to have B-C enter the world via cesarean section. We had our weekly doctor visit yesterday and after being examined we found out that I am still only a finger tip dilated. We had to have another sonogram and the tech Tammy informed us that B-C’s estimated weight is now well over 9 lbs! Can you believe that??? That is totally amazing to me seeing that we still have one more week until our official due date. We found out that B-C already has a love of acrobatics…maybe it was because we went and saw Cirque du Soleil a few weeks ago! This baby has flipped three times in the last two weeks! The doctor, nurse and US tech were absolutely amazed that a baby this size actually has room to move let alone flip upside down several times. I think the word was “miracle”! They did say that there is a lot of fluid around the baby so that is probably helping…that and a TON of prayer!
We will be delivering at Winnie Palmer Hospital in Orlando. If you happen to be in town and would like to stop by to meet the newest little Batia, please feel free. We have to be at the hospital at 10:30am and the surgery is scheduled for 12:30. We were told that we will not be back in our permanent room for at least 3-4 hours after the surgery. After the baby is born Mark will be allowed to go with the baby to the nursery and I will go to recovery. After that we will all meet up again in our room and that is when family/friends will be allowed to join us and meet B-C!!!! How exciting!!!!
So if our baby was not in the 90th percentile it would likely measure about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. During these last few days B-C continues to build a layer of fat to help control his/her body temperature after birth. The outer layers of skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath. From the sonogram this week we know that B-C already has chubby cheeks, a little pug nose and we even got to see eyelashes…so cute. And of course we had further confirmation that it has Mark’s lips! The tech even said that this baby looks like its daddy! We really can’t wait to meet B-C and know for sure what he/she really looks like!
This past week so sort of a stressful and anxious time for us. There were so many unknowns but we just prayed about the whole situation and both Mark and I have felt a peace since. We are really ok with the whole c-section decision and we feel that it is best for both B-C and ME! I continue to feel great. I have really enjoyed my spin classes every morning at the YMCA. Today it was funny because I was a few minutes late to class and I had to ride a different bike than usual. The lady that I usually sit next to saw me after class and was like “oh my goodness, I thought you were not here so I just assumed that you were having the baby!” She was so sweet.Well this will be the very last entry that I will post PREGNANT. I do plan on keeping up the blog with the latest and greatest in B-C’s world. I really hope to be able to post something soon and I will of course keep you all aware of any updates. As far as Friday (B-C’s birthday) we will be in touch via email and text messaging. I have an email list all ready to go so that Mark can send out pictures and details ASAP! Thank you all so very much for your thoughts and prayers these past 9 months. We are blessed with so many friends and family members that love us SO much! We cannot wait to share this special day with you all VERY VERY soon! Friday is only a day a way!!!!
3 comments:
Hang in there Abs! We are praying for you here at Eats Little Children (ELC)! Love you
Lisa
hi girlie--
so i almost got teary-eyes reading this post i can't believe you're having a baby tomorrow.....so amazing! i love you so much and you are such a special freind to me..i cannot wait to meet B-C!
Abbie!!
This is so exciting--you guys are very special and I know that your experience tomorrow will be incredible. I love you and wish you the best. Give B-C loves for us! :)
Talk later,
Emily G.
Post a Comment