This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Brooks Ryan Batia

Brooks Ryan Batia entered the world at 12:52pm on September 19th, 2008. Welcome!!!! We are so excited to have our little boy with us and we cannot imagine life without him.

Mark and I went to the hospital on Friday morning and since then we’ve been on cloud nine! Our experience at Winnie Palmer was wonderful. We had the best doctors and nurses around and the whole stay was a pleasure. The c-section went off without a hitch…I think Mark was more nervous than I. Our anesthesiologist was unbelievable and I really think that made the difference. I knew everything that was going on during the entire procedure and felt very comfortable the whole time. I was wheeled into the OR at 12:33 and Brooks joined us at 12:52…pretty efficient! Our doctor knew we did not know the sex of the baby; we told her the names before hand so that when the baby was delivered she was able to announce “We have a Brooks!” It was the coolest experience ever! Mark was able to take some amazing pictures and he was really able to be involved. After all was said and done I was taken to the recovery area where Mark and Brooks were waiting on me. We stayed there for a while and it was awesome because Brooks got to stay with us while we were there. Our room was beautiful and we had an amazing view of Orlando’s downtown skyline. All of our friends and family were able to join us there and it was so neat to have so much love in one room.

Well let me tell you a little bit about our Brooks. First of all he is the most beautiful boy in the world…not that I am partial or anything! He has way more blonde hair that I ever thought our baby would have and really big blue eyes. He was so alert after he was born…I think he just wanted to take us all in. He is a wonderful eater and sleeper. He nurses beautifully and I’ve had to wake him after 4 hour stretches to make sure that he is eating enough! He passed all his tests in the hospital…that is our little over achiever! We go to see his pediatrician tomorrow and hopefully that will go well too. He really is a sweet tempered baby and we feel so blessed that all is going well so far.

Yesterday we came home from the hospital. I was ready to come home but like I said our stay at the hospital was fantastic. My mom is staying with us this week to help out with all of the little things. It is difficult for me to not hop up and help with things but I have to remember that I just had major surgery. It has been great to be home. Brooks really likes his crib and changing table…he’s already christened it twice! Mark is a great daddy. He changes lots and lots of diapers and he is taking good care of me too. I just love to see him interact with Brooks…it makes me want to smile and cry at the same time…and sometimes I do! Please continue to pray for us as we all get use to each other. We feel so blessed by the Lord with our perfect little man!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so Beautiful! I am so excited for you guys. I ca't wait to see him for my self :)

Love,
Kyla

Jeanne Moran said...

Abs, Maaaark, & Baby Brooks,

I am sooo happy for you three. I have been jumping out of my skin b/c I want to come visit sooo badly! Enjoy your precious moments with your the new love of your life! Congratulations!!!

Love,

Jeanne, Patrick & Luke