visit this morning. I had to go bright and early so that I could complete my glucose tolerance test. You have to drink this really sweet stuff and then wait an hour to have your blood drawn. The exciting part was while we waited for them to draw my blood had another ultrasound! We went ahead and splurged and had the 4-D ultrasound…it was SO cool! We’ve known for a while that we were going to have it but we wanted to surprise our family with the pictures. My mom, Becky, and Chad and Dana were actually able to go to the appointment with us! It was such a neat experience. My mom was the only one that didn’t know about the ultrasound…what a cool surprise!Well the images that we saw were absolutely amazing. The clarity and detail that you can see were unbelievable. We were very specific with the US tech and told her that we did NOT want to know the baby’s sex. This was not a problem and none of us saw anything that we shouldn’t have! Actually we spent the majority of the time trying to get B-C to cooperate! The baby kept having its little arms and hands in front of its face! The tech was so funny and made me change position about 10 times trying to get the baby to turn around and move its hands. We finally got some awesome shots of the baby’s face and profile. From the pictures, we have decided (but you can be the judge) that B-C has my nose. We were a little disappointed that we didn’t get a better shot of its mouth from the side…I am dying to know it if will take after its daddy in the lip department! But all in all, our baby is perfect…10 fingers and 10 toes…what more can we ask for?


From a developmental perspective, our baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with its legs extended. B-C is sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing its eyes, and perhaps even sucking its fingers. During the 4-D ultrasound, B-C has its eyes closed the entire time but he/she was definitely not sleeping…that sucker can really move! With more brain tissue developing, our baby's brain is very active now. While the lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if the baby were to be born now. From today we have exactly 3 months until our due date. It totally amazes me that our baby could function on the outside…but it is way too early…we have way too much to do before this little one gets here!
Another exciting event that took place this past weekend was our very first baby shower. My mom’s friend and next door neighbor hosted the most exquisite shower for B-C and me. It was the most beautiful shower that I have ever been to and even more unbelievable that it was held in honor of OUR baby! We feel so blessed by our friends and family down here in the Orlando area…they all went totally overboard! My BFF Heather came all the way from Auburn Alabama to spend the weekend and to come to the shower. Her mom and sister even drove down from Perry and Gainesville to attend. My roommate from college even flew down from Connecticut to surprise me! And I was really surprised…she and her mom showed up the day of the shower and I had NO idea she was coming. All in all it was a great time with friends and family. We received so many nice gifts and it really made it feel real that this baby is coming sooner than later. Mark and I feel so loved by everyone! 



Well on a personal note, this is my last week of work for the summer. I am taking the month of July off to get ready for B-C to arrive (i.e. nesting) and to rest up before I have to go back to work at the end of July/beginning of August. I am still feeling great except for occasional aches and pains. I am learning to slow down some (which is VERY hard for me) and to allow others to help me. Most of the time it makes me feel really lazy and incompetent but I know that I need to take advantage of the help. I’m still working out everyday which helps to keep me mentally “there”. My weight is continuing to go up but my doctor says that I’m still in the healthy range…even though those numbers don’t look healthy to me! I’m trying not to fixate on a number but instead I am concentrating on eating healthy food and having everything (including dessert) in moderation. It is a good goal for me and I know it is the best for our baby. I can’t believe that in 3 short months that B-C will be here and all of these worries will not be so important. I cannot wait to meet our baby and be able to set eyes on the little one that keeps kicking me in the ribs at night! 

2 comments:
your postings are incredible to read and make me excited about you and Mark beginning a new life with BC. thank you for sharing.
T
I hope that you don't think that I'm intruding. I came across your site while looking for my daughters college roommates baby blog. You are the cutest couple. I thought that you would enjoy visiting our website and reading our blog.
Post a Comment