This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Week 25

Week 25 is here and just look at that growing belly! Can you believe that we only have 15 more weeks to go and little B-C will be here!?!?! How exciting! This week our baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches from head to heal. The weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but B-C is beginning to exchange his/her long, lean look for some baby fat. Its wrinkled skin is beginning to smooth out and he/she is starting to look more and more like a newborn. If B-C is growing more hair and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture. How cool is that? We are still keeping our fingers crossed for a baby with hair!

I’m continuing to feel great. My pulled muscle is healing up nicely and I am starting to feel “normal” again…whatever that is! The only time I feel it is when I strain to reach for something overhead…but lately I’ve been very good about asking for help. I’ve continued to exercise and it really does feel great to move around. All this extra weight is starting to become a little cumbersome but I am getting use to it. I’ve pretty much cut out the running from my exercise routine but power walking still feels great. I have yet to hit the pool…I REALLY need to utilize the great facilities that we have access to at the YMCA…it is on my “to-do” list and I plan on getting to it this week! Promise! Swimming in general feels good so I know that swimming laps would be way better than sweating it out on the treadmill!

B-C is doing great too. He/she has been very active lately and I LOVE it! It is funny…I am totally able to tell what position the baby is in just by where I feel it moving. This past weekend its feet were way down south and it seriously felt that B-C was dancing on my bladder! It was SO weird! Today B-C is pretty much been head down with his/her little feet up under my right ribs. It kicked so hard tonight that it about took my breath away! The crazy thing was Mark felt it too. I had been feeling the baby move a lot in that area and told Mark that he had to come and feel it. Sure enough when he and I were pressing down on my belly (trying to coax it to move again) it hauled off and kicked the mess out of me. Mark and I were both really surprised! It was too funny…poor B-C was just trying to tell us to stop mashing down on him/her!

We had a very eventful and busy weekend. Chad, Dana, the four boys and Mandy (Reece’s girlfriend) came down to Orlando. We had a great time hanging out with all of them for a day of fun in the sun and an evening full of sword fighting and jousting…we all went to see the Medieval Times dinner show…very entertaining and the food was good too! Sunday Mark and I drove up to Gainesville for Brady Hart’s baptism. It was such a great day of celebrating little Brady and fellowshipping with our wonderful friends and their families. It also made me realize that we will be doing the exact same thing with our baby in just a few months! Sometimes I have to remind myself that this is all very for real…I can’t wait for B-C to get here and for me to finally be a Mama and Mark to be a Daddy. We love our baby so much already and I just know that love is going to grow exponentially once he/she gets here. We can’t wait to meet you B-C!

No comments: