This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Week 18

It is week 18 already and only two more weeks and I will be halfway through this pregnancy! Wow! Can you believe it? I am still feeling super fantastic and it is so much fun now that I actually look pregnant. My belly really popped over the last week or so. Strangers are actually telling me that I look pregnant and asking me when I am due. It is SO much fun! My workout t-shirts no longer “fit” and you should see me in my workout tanks…Buddha Belly! This week is the first week that I am wearing maternity tops to work. I swear those things make you look more pregnant than you really are but boy are they comfortable! Pretty soon I am going to have to bite the bullet and move on to maternity pants…the “not buttoning the pants” trick is still working but not for much longer I’m afraid…as you can tell from these pictures!

So here is some fun news…I think I finally felt the baby move!!! I was sitting by the pool on Saturday and was lying on my stomach...it wasn’t very comfortable but a girl’s got to get a suntan on her back too! So I’m reading a magazine and all of a sudden I felt a little flutter in my tummy. I wasn’t sure what it was and really thought it might be a gas bubble but after about 5 minutes I decided that wasn’t it and that it was the baby moving. I don’t think it liked being squished on a lounge chair! I felt it again that night when I was sitting very still on the couch with Mark…it was SO cool! I told Mark that I think that I am too active during the day to really feel any kind of movement…I just need to be still long enough and concentrate and I’ll feel it again…I can’t wait!

And no wonder I am feeling that little sucker move… Head to bottom, our baby is approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and it weighs almost 7 ounces! I know that kid is busy flexing its arms and legs and now the blood vessels are visible through the thin skin and the ears are now in position and stand out from the head. IF it’s a girl, her uterus and Fallopian tubes are formed and are in place. IF it’s a boy, his genitals are noticeable…let’s just hope that he hides them from us during our next ultrasound! We go next Monday (April 28th) for our “20 week” ultrasound where we COULD find out what we are having but much to the chagrin of many we are still NOT finding out! I just love the torture it is causing!

5 comments:

caroline and mike said...

hellooooo belly!!!!! so cute! yeah you should definitley feel the baby by now you can feel them move as early as 16 weeks it's called "quickening".....so cool huh? has mark been able to feel yet? i'm so excited for you guys!!!

Burless Family said...

I'm sure that was the baby moving, and I hear the best way to feel it at first is to be on your belly. That is soooo exciting! It starts to feel so real when you feel that baby move inside. It only gets more active...wait until it wakes you up at 5am or won't let you go to sleep :-) It's a very exciting time!!

Anonymous said...

you look great Abbie! I'm glad you are loving it. Baby Batia is def an active little one, just look at his/her parents! :) -erin lw

Anonymous said...

Aww! I'm so excited for you guys. We will have to get together soon. I am SWAMPED with drama practices for the next few weeks because I have a play on the 9th, but mid-to-late May is great if that's good for you guys. Let me know. : )

Anonymous said...

I am going to guess it is a BOY!!! i'm not telling you why but i have my theory :) you look great and i am so impressed that you are still running, WAY TO GO PREGGO!! I remember the first time i felt "little Boy" move and it is still the coolest thing in the world....how they fit inside us is way beyond me. i can't wait to hear how your ultrasound goes...It is so amazing to see them at this point.
Blessings, Ashley Baur