At 4 1/2 inches long (head to bottom) and 3 1/2 ounces, our baby is about the size of an avocado. That is really funny because I have been craving avocados lately! In the next three weeks, our baby will go through a tremendous growth spurt; doubling its weight and adding inches to its length. The baby’s lower limbs are much more developed now. Its head is more erect than it has been, and its eyes have moved toward the front of his/her head. Our baby's ears are close to their final position, too. Some of the more advanced body systems are working, including the circulatory system and urinary tract. Although closed, its eyes are moving (slowly), and he/she is even started growing toenails.
Mark and I went to our doctor's appointment today. We got to hear our baby's heartbeat and it was about 147 beats per minute...nice and strong! We met with the doctor briefly and she answered all of our questions...we didn't have many. We received our new patient goodie bag (a few visits late but at least we got one!) I am grateful for it because it contained the list of foods and medicines to take and to avoid while pregnant. I feel pretty good about most things on the list but it never hurts to double check. While we were in Colorado last week I was drinking this herbal tea in the mornings and all I looked for was to see if it was caffeine free...it was but I was a dummy and didn't read the rest of the label where it said not to consume if pregnant or nursing...duh! I told the doctor about it today and she said that it was ok but just not to drink any more. I felt sort of silly about the whole thing but at least I will be reading labels more thoroughly from now on!
After our busy vacation week last week I was actually looking forward to heading back to work. I guess work will have to wait because I am heading to Texas to attend a conference this week! I will definitely be ready for my own bed come next Saturday. I am lucky enough to have my mom coming with me to Fort Worth...I am so glad because I hate to be alone! It should be a fun trip...conferencing during the day and seeing what Fort Worth has to offer at night. We are staying right downtown and we are really looking forward to taking in all the sights! I'll let you know how it goes! By the time this baby gets here in September it will have already been to so many different places and experienced so many different things! How fun...our baby the world traveler...before it is even born!
1 comment:
hey girlie!!!
i had no idea you guys were going on such a fab trip...it looks like you had a great time!!! your belly is getting bigger!!!! funny that you're going to TX for a conf mee too!! san antonio may 23-29...PA stuff. anyway, i miss you and was so sad i didnt get to see you while we were in FL but i am glad you and mark were able to get away together....i love you!!!!
Post a Comment