Wow…can you believe that it is week 17 already? I just love it that time is flying by! This past week was very eventful with me being away in Texas. My mom and I had a great time seeing the sights in Fort Worth. We were there for 4 days and that was the perfect amount of time to see and do everything that we wanted. I did attend a conference while we were there and I did learn a thing or two. My mom actually went to all of the sessions with me and that was so nice not to have to go and brave it all by myself. We enjoyed all that Fort Worth had to offer. We stayed right downtown and we were walking distance to all the main attractions. We visited the historic Stockyards and even saw a real live Texas Longhorn cattle drive right down the main street of town…true Texas! We ate some great food while we were there too…the Tex-Mex was awesome as well as the BBQ. We were both happy to head home and even more thankful that we were able to catch a flight. We were both flying American Airlines and with all the flight cancellations we were nervous about making it back before Monday! We did have to reschedule one flight but other than that we had no problems.As you can see my belly is growing and growing and my belly button is
pretty flat now. None of my pants can be worn buttoned anymore…but that doesn’t mean that I do not wear them! I do make sure that I wear longer shirts that cover up the buttons (that are not buttoned)! It works for now but who knows how much longer that will last. I feel great these days. No complaints here…my heartburn is a thing of the past but I hear that might be short lived. I have a good appetite but I am not craving anything too crazy. Pizza always sounds good as well as any sort of Asian inspired dish. I am still running and exercising everyday. I feel so much better about myself when I stay active. I am running in the Orlando Corporate 5 K next week but don’t worry I am not out to set a new PR…finishing is a good goal these days!
This week our baby weighs 5 ounces (about as much as a turnip), and it's around 5 inches long. The baby can move its joints, and its skeleton — until now rubbery cartilage — is starting to harden to bone. Its sense of hearing is also developing. That is a good thing seeing that Mark talks to it all the time and this week his new thing is to try and teach it all the math equations that he can remember like Pythagorean’s Theorem…he is crazy! He even has a little songs that he sings to it…he is such a sweet daddy already. I am really looking forward to feeling our baby move. I hear that it could happen any time now so I am trying super hard to pay close attention to what’s going on in there. Our nurse explained that it would probably feel like gas but I just wouldn’t have to toot! Heehee! That sounds like fun! This is such an adventure and I love every minute of it!
1 comment:
I'm so happy for you both! You look TREMENDOUS! :) - erin lw
Post a Comment