This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

One final post before D-Day!

Ok...so here we go with one last blog before the BIG day....FRIDAY!!!! OMGee...I can't believe it is only 3 short days away!!! We are VERY ready to meet this baby and to finally end the long guessing game of "are you a boy baby or girl baby???" The end of this pregnancy has been like any other...it seems to be dragging on with all the typical aches and pains. Sleeping is not so fun these days. I wake up at least 2-3 times a night and I am so uncomfortable. I guess this is God's way of prepping me for the newborn we will be bringing home in just a few days! My belly continues to grow and that is pretty uncomfortable too. Breathing is tough and I feel like all I do is huff and puff. It's sad when your kids start mimicking you...like when Campbell grunts every time he bends over to pick up a toy!!!! Oh my word!
But now I will stop complaining about the physical aspects of being great with child...let's move on to the mental/emotional shall we? I'll be completely honest and say that adding a third baby to the craziness is a little overwhelming. I love being a mommy but it is by far the toughest job I've ever done. I know in my heart that all will be ok and we will just adjust to the addition but my mind still plays games on me. And the hormones aren't helping either!!! I've cried more in the last week than I have this entire pregnancy. It's all good...and yes, i know this is all normal. Nothing will steal my joy of meeting baby M-C and I am sure all of my "fears" and "doubts" will fade away once I set eyes on that little bundle! 3 more days!!!! Woohoo!

Belly shot of 37 weeks.

Another 37 week shot
As usual, we have not slowed down just because we are having a baby this weekend! :) I've been staying busy with the boys, doing the usual pool time, playdates and I've even slipped in a special one-on-one date with my big boy! 

These two boys LOVE the water...I never hear any complaints about going to the pool!
Pool fun in the backyard! 
Brooks and I had a date at the Science Center this past week. It was really fun to just let him explore at his own pace without having to chase his little brother (usually in the opposite direction!)

Here he was making dinos and jet planes out of Floam with the Jr Volunteers. 

We took the boys to one of our favorite restaurants Sunday night...I think the boys like it as much as we do! I had to order Brooks a second order of grilled shrimp because he devoured the first plate in less than 5 minutes! This kid can eat! He he is enjoying dessert...powder sugar covered beignets! Yummy! 

Camp enjoyed them too...I just didn't let him lick the plate clean! :)

I took this picture this afternoon after nap...the boys just wanted to be silly and snuggle under as many blankets  as we could find. I think we were up to about 5 at this point! 
The highlight of this week (besides us getting to meet baby # 3 on Friday!) is that the boys started 
preschool today! I was a little apprehensive that we were going to be sending Campbell to school this year too but I know it was going to really good for him. We moved the boys to a new school and so far we ALL love it! Drop off went way smoother than I thought it would...I just knew there would be huge tears from Campbell (I had visions of a typical drop off at Sunday School) but God is good and heard my prayers and both boys did great! I was more emotional about the day than either one of them! Go figure! I'm so glad that Ny, Carol and I had planned a "Freedom Breakfast" after drop off! It was perfect for taking my mind off the boys. Got to love sweet girlfriends that are in the same season of life! 
Here is a little picture story of how the first day went down! 

All dressed up and ready to go! All smiles too...I wasn't so sure if they were going to last through drop-off!
Our big boy...on his way to Preschool!
Our little guy...on his way to Preschool!

Brooks and his sweet teacher Mrs. B.
Campbell and his teacher Mrs. Scott

Hummm....I think this is the very first time that Camp is drawing with markers...one of the MANY reasons I am sending him to school!!! :) 

My favorite part of the day was coming back to pick up the boys and finding them  both eating lunch with their BFFs...Brooks and Ella are in the same class and this is how we found them at pickup! 

And this is Campbell and Tiago...got to love friendships that form at an early age!

This picture doesn't do the day justice...these two were filthy from head to toe! They always say that dirt is a sign of a fun day! Case closed!

So our next post will be all about baby! Stay tuned for the big news!!! :)

2 comments:

KellyW said...

I am so excited for you! I'll be thinking of you on Friday and will be bringing you some yummy food in a couple of weeks! Love you lots!

Uppside said...

You are doing a great job, mama. I am in prayer with you about tomorrow and I CANT WAIT TO MEET HIM/HER!!! I love you!!