I'm baaaaack!!!! Heehee! Well honestly I've always been here...I've just been a REALLY bad blogger! So to catch everyone up on the past few months (yes it's been MONTHS since my last posting!) I am breaking things up into mini sections...Baby # 3, Brooks, Campbell, Family and Random. So get ready for tons of pictures and captions that will give you the highlights of the Batia happenings!
Baby Batia # 3 is doing great! My pregnancy has been textbook thus far and I have no complaints that count! I am currently 27 weeks along and that means we will be meeting this precious addition in about 11 weeks! In just a few weeks we will have an exact date and I'll be sure to blog when we know something certain! This baby moves ALL the time and is constantly getting the hiccups and kicking. I hear that most 3rd babies are usually pretty relaxed...I'm really hoping that this baby is getting all of his/her wiggles out in utero!
So I think we are FINALLY settled on both a boy and girl name for baby # 3...it's been a lot more difficult this time around...for finding the perfect boy name that is. Our girl's name is still the same as it was before: Charlotte Jane. We have gone round and round trying to figure the "perfect" boy name that 1. we like, 2. sounds like it goes with Brooks and Campbell, 3. isn't too popular and 4. (according and probably most important to Mark) sounds like an athlete's name. Drum roll please.............our boy name is Miller. We are still not 100% on a middle name but Thomas is our front runner.
Here are some of the latest and greatest pictures of baby M-C's progress.
 |
| This is our "20 week" ultrasound...but really this is 21 weeks. |
 |
| Pictures of the baby's cute little feet! |
 |
| 17 weeks prego...Camp decided he needed to get in on the picture action! |
 |
| 19 weeks...making good progress. |
 |
| 20 weeks...heading out to dinner with my hubby! |
 |
| 25 weeks...side shot |
 |
| 26 weeks...and growing! |
Brooks is growing up so fast and before to long it will be September and he'll be turning 4! He just finished up his first year of Preschool and I will definitely call it a successful year. He got to experience so many new things and meet lots of new friends. Some of the better habits that he picked up are all his new blessings/prayers and songs that he knows by heart. He just loves saying the blessing each night before dinner and Campbell is picking up on them too. He's also really into pretend play these days...he's always loved to dress up but now he wants to role-play along with it. I'm not too fond of the 'good guy/bad guy/superhero' play but I guess it's typical for little boys. He still loves to play outside and lately he's really been into baseball. Mark loves it to say the least and Brooks is actually getting really good. He can even hit a ball that pitched to him overhand. Even I'm impressed by that! So here are a "few" pictures to get you caught up with Brooksie-boy.
 |
| Nothing is better than a bubble bath at the end of a long day! |
 |
| B loves to help me TASTE...I mean MAKE cookies! He's such a great helper in the kitchen! |
 |
| Working on his summer tan...can you see where he had a temporary tattoo on his arm for about 2 weeks...when it came off it left a tan line! :) |
 |
| Playing outside..."hunting" squirrels in the backyard...in his underwear no less! |
 |
| He's got one in his sights! |
 |
| Getting to ride some of the 'big kid" rides at Sea World! |
 |
| A rare "sweet" moment between Brooks and Ella...to be honest they are getting along MUCH better lately and are actually acting like they are friends that like each other! :) |
 |
| Reading Bible stories together...our kids are so holy - hahahaha! |
 |
| A fun new tradition that we've started this spring is to visit the local Food Truck Round-up on Sunday evenings. Brooks LOVES going to eat at the Food Trucks...I call him my little foodie because he will walk around and check out what each Truck is offering and then makes his decision as to what he wants to eat. He's too funny and so far has made some great choices! |
 |
| Sharing his "fresh pineapple and lime" popsicle with his little brother...so sweet! |
 |
| B woke up really early from a nap one afternoon and ended up crawling up in the chair with me and falling back asleep...again a VERY rare moment that I was able to soak up with my #1! |
 |
| Early this Spring we took Brooks to a Braves Spring Training game over at Disney. He loved it...especially when his Daddy caught him a fly ball!!! |
 |
| I just love this picture...it's the beginning of a life long love! |
 |
| For the summer we had to cut the boy's hair...it was getting way to long and it was always getting in his eyes. Think he looks pretty handsome with his big boy haircut! |
 |
| I just love my big boy...he's such a sweet (and trying at times!) kid...I'm so lucky he's mine! |
Here are some videos of Brooks and his swimming lessons...he was not a happy camper to find out that he had to do refresher classes this year but by the end of the second week he was swimming like a fish. Man oh man is this boy hard headed...like his daddy of course!!!
Before...
After!
Moving right along we come to Campbell aka "smiley boy" Batia. Camp is now officially 18 months old and growing and developing at lightning speed! He weighs 27 pounds and believe me, I feel every one of those pounds he gains...seeing that his preferred mode of transportation is "bhup"...i.e. "pick me 'up' please." Phew...that boy is an arm load! He is really starting to talk and try to carry on a conversation with everyone. He thinks he's 3 1/2 like his brother and he tries to communicate like a 3 1/2 year old...only he doesn't have quite the enunciation skills like Brooks! There are times when I can't even translate! He gets super excited when you are able to understand him and repeat what he's trying to say back...it's like he's hit the lottery! Like I said, he's a really happy little guy and his personality is really starting to shine...it's scary how outgoing and friendly he can be. My mom swears he's just like my brother Richard at this age...scary indeed!!!!
 |
| I think he was telling me all about the "BAAAATH" he was taking1 |
 |
| Somehow he got himself in here (with his favorite dino toy) and couldn't get out! At least he found it funny! |
 |
| Happy boy playing with the dress up toys! |
 |
| More dressing up...he asked to get in the Samson suit but once he was in he didn't quite know what to do with himself! |
 |
| Man down...literally! |
 |
| Did I mention how much he likes to take baths and showers? Brooks and I were in the living room when all of a sudden we hear the bath tub water running...we come in to discover that Camp helped himself into the tub and turned on the water (thank goodness the cold water!) Clothes and all he decided he needed a bath! |
 |
| The next best thing to a bath is Starbucks...we start them early in this household! |
 |
| After battling several severe ear infections back to back in the early spring we decided to take C to the ENT for a further evaluation. Sure enough it was determined that he needed a set of ear tubes and three days later it was done! Here is Camp being a super trooper while we waited for him to go back into surgery. It was super quick and probably more painful for mommy than baby! He's been super healthy since with no further ear issues! Yay! |
 |
| In recovery...this was the toughest part! |
 |
| On the way home all the poor boy wanted was his puffs...he ate about half the can on the 15 minute ride home! |
 |
| Uh-oh! Starbucks again??? Yes, here we are on a Starbucks date after dropping Brooks off at school one morning...shhhh...don't tell B...he'd be so upset if he knew we went without him! |
 |
| It doesn't get much better than playing outside in the backyard...without your shirt on! |
 |
| Campbell's cheesy smile!!! |
 |
| Ok...so it's not always happy times at the OK Coral...this Camp sitting in timeout for the very first time. He ripped a book...again so I told him to go sit and timeout...and lo and behold he obeyed the first time but was not to happy about it! |
 |
| Well him being upset didn't last too long...especially when he saw the camera! |
 |
| Campbell will sit and play and read by himself for hours...this was one morning that B was at school and he had all the trucks to himself...oh the joy! |
 |
| He makes the truck sounds and everything...I swear you do not have to teach them these things...it's innate! |
 |
| His other obsessions are toothbrushes and brushing his teeth...you can't find (or hear) Campbell??? Chances are he's in the bathroom trying to figure out how he can reach the toothbrushes and tooth paste! In this picture he's caught red handed...with my mom's spare toothbrush in his mouth and his toothbrush in his left hand! Busted! |
 |
| Hanging out at the piano with Uncle Troy...they were making sweet music together! |
 |
| Thanks to his brother and daddy, C loves to wear hats...he's pretty stinkin' cute in them too I might add. |
Family time...we are going to back track just a little and talk about Easter and if you haven't already noticed already this blog posting is not exactly in chronological order! Sorry!
Easter was really fun this year because Brooks actually was able to grasp the concept of why we celebrate Easter (the REAL reason!) I don't think we even talked about the Easter bunny and he didn't ask so we just stuck to his Children's Bible stories. I have to admit I wasn't sure if it was going to be a little too "mature" of a subject to talk about with him and he did ask a ton of questions about why Jesus had to die. We were just super honest with him and he seemed to take it all in stride. I did hear from his preschool teacher that he was a little upset when she gave the abridged version of the Easter story at circle time...she said he quickly corrected her and said "no-no-no Miss McKinley, they NAILED Jesus to the cross!" Ahhhh...the straightforwardness of a 3 year old!
Easter morning was really fun too except that the "Easter Bunny" almost forgot to come...thank goodness I (I mean the Easter Bunny) woke up early and remembered!!! I had just slipped back into bed when I heard the pitter-patter of little feet and then ooo's and ahhh's from Brooks! Mark and I came out to the living room to find B going through all the fun little things in his Easter basket. He loved the Thomas the Train he got and was thrilled to see that Campbell had received Percy! I asked him who did he think left those cool trains in his basket and he very quickly replied..."It must have been Santa Claus!!!!" Priceless!
 |
| Here is Brooks showing me what "Santa" left him in his Easter basket! Mark is trying hard not to laugh! |
 |
| Brooks is showing Campbell that he got a basket full of goodies too! |
 |
| Mark treated us all to a really nice Easter brunch after church at the Citrus Club...the boys loved it, especially when they got to see the "real live Easter Bunny!!!!" Notice the Thomas the Train that has not left Brooks' hand! |
 |
| Family photo...oh the days when we will ALL look at the camera...at the same time! |
 |
| That afternoon we had a impromptu egg hunt in our back yard...here all the kids, including the daddies, patiently waiting on the mommies to hide all the eggs! |
 |
| On your mark, get set, GO!!!! |
The next few pictures are just some cute and rare moments that I was able to catch on camera of the boys together. I can see such a difference in them each week especially in how they interact with each other...it's getting really fun to see them actually play together and want to do the same things!
 |
| I swear I didn't stage this...I just happened to look up from the kitchen and they both were sitting on the couch quietly, reading books...a rare moment indeed!!! |
 |
| Bath time fun...got to love the funky hair dos! |
 |
| Mark took us on vacation a few weeks ago and we had such a great time with the boys. It was the perfect place to vacay with the kids in tow...here we are on our way to drop the boys off at the PJ club so that we could have a nice quiet dinner ALONE for my birthday! Happy birthday to me! |
 |
| Pj Club here we come!!!! |
 |
| Having a little drink on momma's clean sheets...that she needs to put back on her bed! |
 |
| Watching momma get all ready to go "teach the kids" at UCF...the Goldfish snack helped to keep them in one place! |
Here's a pretty funny video of Brooks and Campbell at their best...they are exercising just like they see Mark and I do...too funny!!!
Ok...so even more randomness...here are some pictures that I found and thought that the blog wouldn't be complete without!
 |
| I decided to run the Corporate 5K downtown this spring...it was a very crowded run with over 14,000 participants! Yikes! But it was still a fun time! |
 |
| Not too shabby of a time seeing that I was around 20 weeks pregnant! I actually ran the same 5K when I was prego with Brooks! |
 |
| Welcome Maddie Hunter! Our good friends Rachel and Chris had their second baby, a sweet little girl that I actually got to meet on her birthday! |
 |
| And happy birthday to me! I'm now 33 and don't feel a day over 25...now I see what all those "old" people meant when they used said that! :) |
 |
| Here we all are at Dinky Dock in Winter Park. This is after we visited the Farmer's Market for a yummy breakfast! What a fun Saturday morning! Come this Fall, the number of kids in this picture will grow by a third...literally, a third child for each family! |
 |
| And here are the cute prego Mommas! Ny and Chris are due in October...for the third time!!!! |
 |
| And this picture makes it official that we are pregnant together again! Yes, that is ice cream that we are eating...and yes, it was delicious and no, we didn't regret it! :) |
2 comments:
Hi Abbie! Great to catch up! So glad all is going well with your precious family. The boys get cuter with each picture, and you are FOR SURE the cutest preggo I have ever seen.
Hugs,
H
I love this post!!It was worth the wait... But it makes me miss you.
You look beautiful. I can't wait to meet M-C!!!
Post a Comment