This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Overjoyed!


Do you get it? I only ask this because I texted this picture to a few people and there was a bit of confusion (for various reasons!) Yes, it's true if you guess that there is going to be another Batia Baby!!! We are over the moon excited about sharing this news with everyone! What better way to broadcast than the blog that started it all!?!?!?

We are currently 15 weeks pregnant with Baby # 3 and our official due date is September 6, 2012. I would be lying if I said that this pregnancy wasn't a complete surprise. We were actually shocked to find out that we were expecting...not that we don't know how these things happen...I am a Health Professor for goodness sake! I say we were shocked because we were anticipating a third baby but just thought we would have to go through the same methods of conceiving as we did with Brooks and Campbell. The Lord is SO good and He blessed us with this little miracle without the use of fertility medications!!! Even our OBGyn was surprised that we pregnant "on our own!" !!! It's so awesome because we had been praying for a while about a third baby but man oh man were we surprise with the answer we got! Over the moon is all I can say!!!
Because of my Poly-cyctic issues my cycles are SUPER irregular and so we were not sure exactly when we conceived. After a quick scan at the OB office we found out we were 8 weeks along! Talk about speeding up the process! We find out we are pregnant on a Thursday and Tuesday we find out we are over half way through our first trimester. Don't think we didn't do some quick math and figured out that we got pregnant right after Camp's first birthday and so that means we were expecting all through the Holidays! Wow!!! I know I keep saying it but what an awesome miracle!!!  

Our third little Batia bean!
So here are a few of the pictures we took trying to catch the perfect shot to announce Baby #3...it was tough but we made it work! Thanks Ny for taking these!!!



Here is Mark getting a little creative with the camera...he's too funny!


So one of the things that clued me in that I "might" be pregnant was that I was feeling SUPER tired all the time. I just thought it had to do with all the running I was doing...I was in the end stages of training for a marathon so needless to say anyone would be a little pooped! Once I figured out the real source of my exhaustion I cut WAY back on my training and only ended up running a 1/2 marathon instead. Nyrla was a superstar and ran the entire marathon...she totally rocked it! It was a FREEZING cold weekend in Jacksonville and so the race conditions were not ideal but we made the best of it and had a good time making fun (but freezing!) memories! Here is the shirt that I wore (under ALL of my many layers). I thought it was pretty clever, too bad no one got to see it!!! 




It was SOOOOO stinkin cold...it was 25 degree when we started running and only 39 when we finished! 

Our "fans" even braved the icy conditions to come out and cheer us on...poor things were practically popsicles by the time it was all over!

Cooper Smith and Campbell trying to warm in their strollers.

Caroline and Mike were super troopers...I still think they were a little crazy for coming out in the elements just to see us! We loved it though!!!!

They even made awesome signs for us...they were the best fans EVER!

Here we come...right behind the GUY in a hot pink tutu! 

Ny was in awesome spirits...so excited to see everyone! 

On my way over to see my little sign-holding super duper cheerer-on-er! Brooks! 

Stealing a quick kiss!!!

And off we go...only 3 more miles for me...16.2 more for Ny! I still don't know how she did it!!! My hero!
Last but not least a little video that Mike took of us as we were running by...fun times!


So far I feel fantastic...besides a little heartburn and an expanding waistline all is well. This is a picture of me last week and you can see that I definitely have a little bump in the front! I swear it's twice that size this week!!! :) I really hope to be able to post as often as I can to keep everyone up to date on Baby #3. As with all B and C's pregnancies, we will NOT be finding out if this baby is a boy or girl...either one will be great...if it's a boy, we are totally set in the "stuff" department and if it's a girl I have just three words for you..."Let's go shopping!" We are excited to use our girl name once again Charlotte Jane but as for a boys name we are at a TOTAL loss...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)


2 comments:

KellyW said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you guys!

Uppside said...

You look great Abbie! And I just LOVE how God did this. Oh it just gives me goosebumps. I love you!