This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Christmas Time 2011

The holidays and have come and gone (it was a blur!) and so I figured I should blog about our Christmas activities before Valentine's Day gets here! We had such a blast with the boys this year...everything from decorating our house to Christmas morning was that much more fun with two little guys to enjoy it with! Brooks was VERY into the whole "reason for the season" and Baby Jesus this year and thought it was so cool that Christmas is his birthday! He was also fascinated with Santa and his Elf on the Shelf- Pete. I'll admit that I used Santa and Pete as leverage tools to get better behavior out of my three year old...it's terrible I know but it worked!  

This was our decorated back living room with the kid proof christmas tree!

This was the decorated front living room and our tree with breakable ornaments!  (Notice: Pete is hanging out on the stocking hanger! Brooks LOVED searching around the house every morning to see where Pete landed!)

Brooks is tying on a early Christmas present to me from Mark! Authentic cowboy boots! Yehaw!

Here Mark is opening an early Christmas present from me! 

I think he likes his new beer kegorator! 
It wouldn't be Christmas time without lots of picture taking (especially with the boys in matching outfits!) These are a few of the ones I took before we took the boys to see Santa at Bass Pro Shop. Poor Campbell had no idea what was in store for him late that afternoon! :)

Brotherly love...

Let's consider this brotherly love - to the extreme! 



I just love all of Camp's quirky facial expressions...always a good laugh!
Going to see Santa seemed like a good idea at the time...Brooks was super excited to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas (a toy gun and an airplane with a "berry, berry berry powerful motor")! Campbell had no clue that I was going to sit him on a complete stranger's lap and then walk away...oh man...let's just say the pictures tell it all!

Brooks had no issues hopping on Santa's lap and Campbell seemed ok...at first...

And then he decided that this was NOT cool!

Yep...it's official...Campbell does NOT dig Santa!

He is like, "get me out of here...PRONTO!!!!" Meanwhile, B is cool as a cucumber!

Camp is now safe in my arms and Santa can actually hear what Brooks is trying to tell him!
































2 comments:

Uppside said...

I love it! New boots, matching outfits, a tractor ride and crying in santas lap. 2 Christmas trees! You are one good mama.
We love you guys! Great pictures of brother love and you have such a way of making me giggle the way you tell the story. I love you! And your precious boys! (and your new blog look is awesome!) so glad our men got to get together and hang out a few weeks ago. Let us know if work brings your man this way again! xoxo

KellyW said...

Great pictures! I always love your updates. Thanks for a fun time at the park!