This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweet Campbell

Can you believe that our baby boy is a year old already??? I swear to you that it was just yesterday that we were in the operating room anxiously awaiting to hear if our baby would be a boy or a girl! I remember looking at Mark and saying "ok, one last chance to make your prediction" and we both started laughing and agreed at the same time "BOY!" I swear! And boy-oh-boy were we right!!!! What an amazing blessing Campbell is to our little family! I won't lie and say it's been an easy year but I will be honest and say it continues to be an amazing adventure! Campbell brings so much life and vigor to our house! He is so adorable with those bright blue eyes and is so quick to smile! He has such a spitfire personality and good thing he's cute cause there are times when that personality is a lot to handle! But the Lord knew exactly what he was doing he place Camp is our lives...what an amazing blessing!

I feel like I've really dropped the ball when it's come to blogging about Campbell's growth stats and milestones. So here are a few things to bring us up to date. Camp now weighs 23 pounds!!! He is growing like a weed but is still only in the 50h percentile for his weight! He is 28 3/4 inches long and is in the 35th percentile for height. The doctor was super impressed with his motor skills and his all his teeth! He now has eight teeth in the front and one molar in the back! He is walking like a champ and now looks way more sturdy on his feet. He climbs like a monkey and I have to make sure to watch him like a hawk because he is a quick little booger! He is super verbal too...not a lot of recognizable words but he is very successful in communicating! He will (understandably) say "mama, daddy, Brooks *Books*, bath, please *pees*, hi, bye-bye, more, all done *ahh duh*, uh-oh, yay" He loves to wave hi and bye, clap his hands in excitement and to blow kisses, he is super affectionate and gives lots of hugs and kisses. It's so sweet to see him interact with Brooks...he thinks B is the funniest thing! He laughs so easily at his big brother and it will melt your heart to see how excited he is to see him first thing in the morning! He's getting so big so fast and is completing so many milestones that it's hard to keep up! 

Here is Campbell from day one to one year!
December 3rd, 2011 was upon us before we could blink! It was a very special and VERY busy day this year! It started off really early with Ny and me running the OUC half marathon! It was a beautiful morning to run here in Orlando and we ran the 13.1 miles in 2 hours flat! I was very excited about this pace seeing that one year ago I was in the hospital having major surgery to have have a baby!

This was around mile 3 or 4...looking strong!

And there we go! 
After-nap playtime + bottle + snack = Happy Hour! That was our motto when it came to Campbell's first birthday party! We hosted a Birthday Happy Hour in our backyard that was kid-friendly (of course!) but highly parent approved! I had a blast organizing and prepping for this shindig and I think it was a super success! The kids had an awesome time making their own snack mix, eating lots of cookies and cakepops and drinking "orange" lemonade and the moms and dads had a good time visiting and drinking cold beer and "Mark"garitas! Campbell had fun playing with all his little friends and loved digging into his dairy-free birthday cake! He was actually very ticked off when we took it away!!!

We just want to say a big thank you to everyone that was able to make it over to help us celebrate our sweet blue-eyed boy! I'm so grateful for my awesome husband who got our backyard in tip-top shape for this party and for completing his shed project in time!!! Thanks to Ny for helping me make all the cupcakes and cake pops and for all the help setting up and cleaning up! We couldn't have done it without Becky and Troy either...thanks for coming over early to help and for keeping Brooks busy! We are so blessed with such amazing friends and family!

This was the set-up for our orange and turquoise happy hour!

The savory food/"mark"garita table

The sweets table

Campbell checking out snack mix table...the big kids loved getting a chance to make their own snacks! 

And of course the ever-so-popular bounce-house! 

Campbell's yummy dairy-free smash cake...thanks PG for all your hard work!

Here's Camp checking out the beer tub...he loved playing with the ice and personalized koozies!

GJ is cutting Camp off at the beer tub! Don't want the birthday boy to partake in too much birthday fun!!! :)

Camp's little buddy Tiago

Morgan and Cole checking out the snack table!

Singing Happy Birthday

Mommy blowing out the candle!

This is his face after we took the cake away...I think he was insulted! 

All the birthday party kidos

The Batia Bunch!
It was a super eventful day where we made lots of fun memories! I can't wait to share many many many more special birthday together with our boys. I'm looking forward to what lies ahead!

No comments: