Can you believe that this is our 100th posting??? I don't feel like I've been blogging long enough to have reached this milestone but here we are! It all started about 4 years ago when I wanted to start keeping a record of our growing family. Brooks was barely a baby bump back then and now here we are with an awesome three year old and our amazing little guy!
As usual, it's been a while since our last posting so get ready for picture parade! I think there are 100 plus pictures for this 100th posting!!! Do you see a theme emerging???? Here we go!
We've been up to a lot the past few months...October was slammed and November is NOT slowing down any time soon!
Brooks has been my little Sous Chef in the kitchen lately! Every time I turn around he is pulling up a chair to help me out. He's getting really good at cracking eggs and measuring out ingredients...such a great helper!
 |
| Mixing up the cookie dough |
 |
| Sneaking a taste...his favorite part of baking! |
 |
| Rolling out the dough...we were making fall shaped sugar cookies! Yummy! |
 |
| He was even sharing the baking fun with Ella...here we were making the cupcakes for her birthday! Such great helpers...couldn't have made them that delicious without them! |
October was so crazy for us...but in a good way! We started it off with a super fun family fun-run. We actually got to participate in a 5k with the boys...well they got to ride along in the stroller! Chris, Ny, Ella and Tiago ran too so it was extra fun! Brooks got to take part in the kids diaper-dash and he LOVED it!!!
 |
| Getting ready to run...it was one of the first chilly morning here in Orlando so we had the boys all bundled up! :) |
 |
| The Wollitz Four! |
 |
| Brooks getting all ready to run his race...he was so excited! |
 |
| Brooks running and running and running! |
 |
| The finish line in sight! |
 |
| And he has the ribbon to prove he finished!!! He was so proud of himself and of course we were super proud of him too! |
One of the best things about October is the beautiful weather we've been experiencing here in Florida! We've been spending a ton of time outside with the boys. Who wants to be inside when it's 70 degrees and sunny out??? Here are a few of the pictures documenting all the fun we've been having in our backyard and at the park!
 |
| Daddy and his boys lounging in the backyard! |
 |
| Brooksie boy at the park |
 |
| Tiago and Camp cruising around the park...and eating lots of bark!!! |
 |
| Monkey Brooks |
 |
| Monkey Ella Bella |
 |
| BFF's on the tire swing |
 |
| It's so sad but this is actually the first time that Campbell has experienced the swings...he LOVED it!!!! |
 |
| Higher Mommy!!! |
 |
| Brooks and Camp on a purple T-Rex! It was actually pretty chilly out when I took this! |
 |
| Swinging away, without a care in the world! |
Since the weather's been so nice, I've been getting a lot of running in these days. I hope to get another 1/2 marathon under my belt before the new year. But who knew that running could be so hazardous. Ny and I were out for an early morning jog and it was pretty dark outside. We were running on the sidewalk in a area that was not very well lit. I didn't see a big crack in the sidewalk and the next thing I knew I was rolling end over end. I knew right away that I was pretty banged up. After a visit to the ER, it was determined that I did a number to my hand and I had a nice case of road rash. No fun but I am just thankful that I didn't break anything! Here are some of the pictures...thank goodness I wasn't by myself and that Ny was able to take good care of me!
 |
| Waiting to get my hand checked out at the ER. |
 |
| A nice shot of my swollen hand and bummed up knee. My fingers are still swollen and it's been over 4 weeks! Yikes! |
It wouldn't be October without a trip to the pumpkin patch! Brooks was very anxious to go and was so bummed when it rained the entire first weekend that it was suppose to be open. Thank goodness the weather cleared up and we were able to go and pick out our pumpkins!
 |
| I like this one Mama! It's about as big as he is! |
 |
| Camp in a sea of pumpkins! |
 |
| Mark and his boys |
 |
| I swear it takes an act of God for all of us to look at the camera at the same time...it's next to impossible I tell you!!! |
 |
| Camp and his PG |
 |
| Brooks loved it that we picked out a white pumpkin for him to paint...he's such a little artist! |
 |
| Starting with his favorite color - blue! |
 |
| The finished product! |
Since we have moved in our house two years ago we've lost two big huge trees in our front yard. A few weeks ago we lost our third tree! We were so disappointed to see this one go too. I was home alone and I heard this huge crash from outside. I looked out the front windows and this is what I saw!
 |
| Half of this big oak came crashing down into the road. Our street was blocked for hours...and the next day the county took down the rest of the tree. So sad! |
 |
| Thank goodness no one was driving down Nottingham Street when this thing cracked in two! |
October also brought a lot of crowning around! Real circus clowning that is! Tiago turned one year old and he had a traditional Brazilian First birthday celebration! It was so much fun for all! It was really like the circus came to town...big top decorations, tons of popcorn, candy corn and hotdogs and don't forget the entertainment! Kindermusik was there to sing happy birthday and so much more! Both of the boys had a blast as well as everyone else!
 |
| The birthday boy Tiago, his tightrope walking sister Ella and his awesome parents! |
 |
| Brooks just clowning around! |
 |
| Brooks and Ryan totally enthralled with Kindermusik! |
 |
| Tia Rachel and Camp...getting into the show too! |
One of the major highlight of the Fall was getting to take a trip out to Colorado to see our good friends Brad and Haley! It was a special trip because both Mark and I got to take just Campbell with us and stay for an entire week! Brooks got to hang out with his PG and he was in hog heaven so don't think he was deprived in any way, shape or form! :) We flew into Denver on a Friday and drove up to Vail. It was awesome to just hang out with the newlyweds (who just got back to the states from a month of touring Europe on a belated honeymoon!) Brad and Mark got to do a little fly fishing and Haley, Camp and I got to do a lot of hiking, exercising and playing! Mark had to leave Monday morning to attend a Leadership training in Colorado Springs but was able to join us again the following Thursday. We came home the next day and it was great to get back to see our big boy! Man, did we miss that cute kid!
BTW, fall in Colorado is one of my favorite things in the entire world!!!!!
 |
| Getting ready to fly with Camp for the first time...he was a super trooper!!!! |
 |
| We were soooo lucky and had a empty seat on our row for Campbell to nap on during the 4 hour flight!!! |
 |
| Brad and Haley...love these two! |
 |
| Cooking up an amazing Oktoberfest feast...well we girls were only in charge of dessert and it was delicious! |
 |
| A hike along the river where the guys were fishing. Camp LOVED the cool backpack where he could take in all the pretty sights! |
 |
| Here come the guys! |
 |
| Love this little spot we found for our picnic lunch! |
 |
| This was taken on our hike up to Beaver Creek...can you see the snow on the tops of the mountains? |
 |
| On another hike...this one about kicked my booty! I was huffing and puffing the entire way up...the altitude got me! |
 |
| Thank goodness Haley took over the backpack for a while! |
 |
| Haley and Campbell up to some serious business...I think I see a little PhD in the making! |
 |
| Camp getting some balance lessons from Aunt Haley |
 |
| Happy boy! |
 |
| Not only did he learn to stand up on his own in CO but he learned to man the stairs!!! Oh my word! |
 |
| All bundled up for a shopping trip in Vail Village |
 |
| Mama and Camp at the bottom of Vail's Vista Baun Express Lift...looks crazy without all the snow!!! |
 |
| Enjoying the swings at a little park in Beaver Creek |
 |
| Swinging again but this time at Brad and Haley's |
 |
| Laughing at mama! She's so silly! |
 |
| Mama and Camp |
 |
| Loving the swing with Aunt Haley |
 |
| Hanging on for dear life! He thinks he's so big! |
 |
| What a special time we had with our little guy! |
 |
| Photo opt in the backyard! |
October would not be complete without multiple opportunities to dress up! We had Ella's Third birthday party, the Wenrich's Halloween Happy Hour, Al Saint's Fall Trunk or Treat and Halloween was just the culminating event! Brooks decided he wanted to be a pirate this year but every once in a while he would come up with something off the wall that he'd want to dress up as instead, including a super hero, crocodile, dinosaur, an scarecrow. I have NO idea where he comes up with some of these things! But since we already have a slew of pirate apparel (and a slightly obsessed little boy!) we went the pirate route! Brooks claims he was Capt'n Hook and that Campbell was Mr. Smee....he's too funny!
 |
| Capt'n Hook and Mr. Smee all dressed up and ready to go! |
 |
| The Batias at Ella Bella's Halloween Birthday Bash |
 |
| Hanging with the birthday girl or should I say mermaid! |
 |
| Brooks had a blast at his preschool's Trunk or Treat...it ended up being a rainy night but that didn't slow down this trick-or-treater! |
 |
| Candy? Yes please! |
 |
| Another photo opt..this time it's actually Halloween and we are getting ready to trick-or-treat in our neighborhood. |
 |
| Pirate 1 and Pirate 2 |
 |
| I can't believe that Camp actually left his hat on for the majority of the night! |
 |
| All the neighborhood kids came out too...Brooks had such a great time this year and his manners were impeccable! It was please and thank you...every time! That's my boy! |
 |
| Checking out the loot when we finally made it back home! |
November came out of now where! I swear it was just summertime and we were at the beach and now we are sailing into the Holidays! Speaking of, I can't believe that they actually had all of Winter Park Village decorated BEFORE Halloween this year!!! It's crazy how early they start with all the Christmas stuff! The only positive is that Brooks adores seeing everything decked out in Holiday Spirit! He heard me complaining that it was too early for all the lights, ornaments and garland and he was quick to tell me that he "liked" all the balls on the trees and all the pretty star lights! :) Leave it to a three year old to give me perspective!
Even though it's only mid-November, we've have a lot to show for the month! We got to take another awesome family trip up to Washington DC to visit some amazing friends! We also got to catch up with our long lost friends, Cyndy and Mike! Hang on cause this is going to be fast!
 |
| Cyndy and Mike came over to hang with the kids and grill out. Brooks loved spending time with these two where he was the center of attention and the life of the party! |
 |
| This look says it all...not sure if he was hyped up on sugar or just a crazy adrenaline rush for having so much fun! |
 |
| We got to watch a couple of NFL games that afternoon/evening too. Here Brooks is showing off his mad football skills! Down-Set-HutHut!!! |
 |
| The crew watching the Pats...by the end of the night Brooks was cheering for New England like it was his job and booing the "white team" (NY) and calling them the "arm pit of the world" Thanks Mike! |
A few days later we were on a plane headed for DC to visit the Upp family. We've not seen these guys in a while so it was a long overdue visit! The trip started off kind of hairy with three flight delays and a missed flight but we ended up making it there in one piece and with half of our sanity! The boys traveled beautifully and were super excited to finally get there! If I heard it once I heard it a 1000 times, "are we there yet mama?" Brooks was thrilled to be in a big house with three new playmates. Justin and Susan have three beautiful kids that are so much fun! Maddy is a few months older than Brooks and Molly and Jameson will be two in January. Throw Campbell into that mix and needless to say it was it was a busy busy busy time!
 |
| Here are Maddy and Brooks bunked up...watching a movie while the little ones took their morning nap. |
 |
| Camp all bundled up at the park...I think this picture is hilarious! |
 |
| Maddy and B enjoying the park despite the cold snap! |
 |
| Maddy-moo! What a precious little girl! |
 |
| Campbell taking on the big kid slide! I think he liked it! |
 |
| Riding with daddy |
 |
| Daddy and his boys...loving the chilly weather together! |
 |
| Again, trying to get that perfect family shot! |
 |
| B and the Upp kidos took to rolling down the hills at the park... |
 |
| Rolling... |
 |
| and rolling... |
 |
| Mama and Camp...can you tell how cold it was outside for my little Florida boys? |
 |
| Another day at the park...we did a lot of playing on this trip! |
 |
| We also did a lot of art! Here the big kids are decorating Fall sugar cookies. I think more icing and sprinkles were consumed than were used for decorating! |
 |
| Brooks' masterpiece! |
 |
| I'm not sure if Molly liked her cookie...I think she LOVED it! |
 |
| Foo-man-choo Jameson! Don't worry, it's just icing! |
 |
| Camp was working out his sea legs while we were there too...I think he was tired of just crawling around when he saw all the big kids running around! |
 |
| Parting is such sweet sorrow... |
 |
| I really think B became attached to Maddy! |
 |
| Ok...so he really liked her! Going in for the kiss! (PS..I sure hope Ella Bella is reading this blog post!!!!) |
 |
| My sweet friend Su...I sure do miss this girl! She was the hostess with the mostess this past weekend! We are so thankful for good friends!!! |
So the rest of this blog will be dedicated to a few of the daily ins and outs of Brooks and Campbell.
Brooks has now had three haircuts total and we were not necessarily loving his look. So I decided to take him to see the girl that cuts my hair. After a lot of thinning and lots of layering we ended up with this adorable new do! I think it's sort of a Bieber/cool-moe-dee look!
 |
| Fiona taking the scissors to B's mop |
 |
| I think he was more thrilled with the candy he got for being a good boy than he was with the results! :) |
 |
| Lookin' good! |
Campbell is literally changing daily! I swear the little guy's looks different every time I look at him! He is so unbelievably busy and all over the place. He is officially a climber and an explorer. He's into everything...cabinets, bookcases, pulling all the clothes out of his drawers, dumping toy bins, crawling underneath everything!!! Oi!!!! But he's SO incredibly happy! I was just saying today that he smiles so easily and his eyes just shine when he's happy. This little guy will steal your heart with just one dimply smile!
 |
| Told you he was happy! |
So never guess who's turning one in a few weeks? That's right...Campbell Jake Batia! We (well lets be honest...) I am in full party mode around here. We are having a small get together to celebrate our little guy turning the big O-N-E! There will be a whole posting dedicated to him and his big day...so stay tuned to the Batia's!
3 comments:
Congrats on your 100th post!!! It's always so fun to read your blog...keep them coming!
Ps: I had to take a second look at some of Camp's pics because he looked so much like B as a baby!!!
Ps2: I will make sure Ella won't read this post ;)
Love all the new updates!! I can't wait to get well so we can hang out more with our boys. Love you much!
What a sweet family you have Abbie! Glad I got to see all four of you today! Love all the pictures! XO,H
Post a Comment