This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Brooks and Batia Baby # 2 - Week 13

We are now 13 weeks pregnant! It's been about two weeks since my last post but not because I've not wanted to blog. We have been super swamped with lots of company and so that means we've been busy having tons of fun! I continue to feel great and the cloud of exhaustion is starting to lift! Yay! My belly is definitely starting to poke out more and I am starting to not fit into my pants! That's ok I guess...it just means that I need to dig out my maternity clothes sooner than later I suppose!


Fingerprints have formed on our baby's tiny fingertips, his/her veins and organs are clearly visible through their still-thin skin, and the body is starting to catch up with the head — which makes up just a third of the body size now. Our baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

We were actually able to get some great pictures of our baby this week! I had to go in to see the doctor for some routine testing and part of that included an ultrasound! It was SO amazing to see our little one! Charlotte-Campbell actually looks like a baby! :) He/she was moving all around and was trying to flip over during the scan but when it came to the time to take the measurement the baby sat quite still and was very cooperative! Maybe it is a sign of things to come!!!! :) Here is a snapshot of our baby's sweet little profile!

 

As I mentioned earlier, we've had a lot of company the past few weeks. It started with Mark's brother and sister visit over the Memorial Day weekend. It was SO great to see them and for Brooks to be able to spend time with his Uncle Rick and Aunt Lyn! We had a great time going to the beach and just hanging out together.


Here's Brooks getting a lesson from Daddy on how to jump over waves! 1-2-3 jump!!!

It was a beautiful day and we had a great time with our family!



Brooks and I have been taking advantage of the very warm weather and have been hitting up the local splash pads to stay cool! Here are Brooks and Ella having a blast at the Winter Park splash pad...they loved it!!!


When we got there we had the place to ourselves but by the time we left it was overflowing with kids!!! It was the place to be!


Brooks and I also visited the splash pad in downtown Celebration. This one was a bit more advanced than the other one but we still had a great time! There is nothing like a popsicle and playing in the water on a hot day! 


This one looks a little funny, huh??? :)

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Love it as usual! I like the comparison of the baby to random objects...I like knowing how big he/she is :)

I'm doing coffee at the 9am service this month...come by and say hey!

Carol Burless said...

Oh, I just LOVE the ultrasound picture! Such a sweet profile picture :-)

caroline and mike said...

abbie your bod looks amazing...you r one hott mama!!!!! love the beach cabana thingy...where'd you get that