Brooks is now 4 and ½ months old. He is getting so big so fast! I feel like he is changing everyday right before my eyes. I swear that he grows while he naps…I go in when he wakes up and he looks different than when I put him down! He is still as cute as ever (of course) and there are some days that I can’t stop kissing his cheeks! It is so much fun because strangers are starting to say that he looks like me…it must be those chubby cheeks!Brooks has had a week full of firsts! His biggest accomplishment this week was that he FINALLY rolled over! It happened all of a sudden and was a complete surprise for both Brooks and me! I had him on the floor playing on his back while I was changing the sheets on his crib. I had my back to him and all of a sudden I hear him going nuts…I knew he was not happy about something. I turned around and there he was on his belly! I was so excited that I just left him like that and ran to get the camera (typical mommy moment!). As you can see he is not happy in the first pictures I took! Heehee!
I turned him back over and was able to get him to do it again…yay Brooks! Now there is no stopping him! The next step is teaching him to roll back over on his own so he doesn’t get so upset because he is stuck on his tummy! 




Check out the video of his new trick!His second accomplishment for this week (well it is more of a mommy milestone) is we went to the YMCA for the first time! We have an amazing Y near our house and it has a great childcare area…I’ve been a little reluctant to take him with it being cold and flu season but I was in desperate need of an exercise change-up! He loves it there…and the workers love him too! He is SO good and doesn’t even peep when I leave (even though I know it is breaking his (more like MY) heart on the inside! Ha!) It has been a nice break for me too. I love it now that I am spinning again…that class does wonders for my head! There is a 15 minute abs class right after the spin class and it is kicking my butt! The first day back I was dying!!!! This week is the first time that I’ve done any sort of abdominal work since having Brooks…I am SOOO out of shape!
This past weekend we drove over to Destin to see our good friends Justin and Susan Upp. They were down from Michigan visiting family and we’ve not seen them in almost two year! It was SO great to catch up with them and to finally meet their beautiful little girl Maddy. She is Brooks’ future prom date (can you say 2025?) and is such a cutie! She and Brooks really enjoyed their time together especially during their photo shoot…Maddy was quite taken with Brooks’ ear! It was a short visit but well worth the drive…we really miss the Upps!
This past weekend we drove over to Destin to see our good friends Justin and Susan Upp. They were down from Michigan visiting family and we’ve not seen them in almost two year! It was SO great to catch up with them and to finally meet their beautiful little girl Maddy. She is Brooks’ future prom date (can you say 2025?) and is such a cutie! She and Brooks really enjoyed their time together especially during their photo shoot…Maddy was quite taken with Brooks’ ear! It was a short visit but well worth the drive…we really miss the Upps!



As you can see we have been really busy lately but this family seems to thrive on busy! I am back to work at UCF this semester. I am supervising 14 senior interns and that involves me having to do site visits at the schools where they are student teaching. It is a lot of work so far but that is ok because it is super flexible. My mom has been helping with Brooks and on most “work” days she is just riding with me as I drive from school to school and she hangs out in the car with Brooks while I run in to see students. I have the greatest mom in the entire world! Mark is busy these days too with work…thank goodness there is still plenty of construction work going on around central Florida. He has had a couple of rough days at the “office” lately…he hates it when he has those all day meetings on the greens…poor guy! At least he has a nice tan for this time of year! He even had to suck it up and go to an Orlando Magic game last night all in the name of work…it was just too bad he got to see Tiger Woods and Nick Lachey in the Club Blue Lounge area!
1 comment:
Abbie, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog! Brooks is doing so amazingly well! YAY BROOKS! I can't wait for the next playdate with our boys. We are so blessed. Love ya!
Post a Comment