This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Week 23 Update

Yesterday was a VERY eventful day to say the least. It actually started on Tuesday when my right side really started to bother me. I was driving home from work and it felt like I had a bad stitch/cramp between my bellybutton and my right hip bone. It was bothering me so much that I decided to call the doctor to make sure that it wasn’t something serious. The nurse told me that it might just be round ligament pain (very common during pregnancy) or the baby might be pressing on a nerve. I agreed and went about my day. The pain did not subside at all that night and it actually woke me up every few hours…not a fun night.

I had a regular doctor’s appointment already set up for yesterday afternoon and when I told the nurse about my pain she was slightly alarmed. Dr. Thatcher came in and checked me out then she said that she was very concerned and that she wanted me to go to the hospital for further testing. She said she thought that I might have a case of appendicitis or kidney stones! Needless to say she freaked me out! So Mark and I drove over to Winnie Palmer at 3:45 and we didn’t leave until 9:45 last night! While we were there I think they conducted every test that could be conducted on a pregnant woman! I had blood work, gave a urine sample, had an ultrasound on my kidneys and appendix, was hooked up to a fetal monitor, and had an ultrasound of my cervix (NOT fun)! The good thing is they ruled out that I do not have appendicitis or kidney stones, I am not in pre-term labor and they think that I might have just pulled a muscle. Thank you Lord! They gave me a flexeril (a muscle relaxant) and FINALLY discharged me. I was so tired (from not sleeping the night before) and super hungry (I had lunch at 11:30) but glad to be going home. I was able to get some sleep last night but I think the meds wore off about 4am. I woke up in pain again and that is not fun. I did go to work today but only for half a day. I just didn’t feel good and was in major need of a good nap…I think the flexeril is making me very sleepy!

The good news is at no time during this whole fiasco was the baby in any danger. We got to hear the baby’s heartbeat several times yesterday and each time it was around 138. We even got to see the baby’s head during one of the ultrasounds! So cute! The baby was also VERY active yesterday. It was kicking me so much and really often but I didn’t care one bit…it was very reassuring that all was well with Brooks-Charlotte! B-C has been moving a lot today too even though I have been taking the flexeril…so much so that I could visibly see it from the outside! I just love that.

So this evening I am feeling ok. I am just ready for this to pass and for me to feel like myself again. So please be praying that my pain subsides and that the muscles will heal QUICKLY! Thanks so much for all your concerns and prayers…we are so loved!

No comments: