This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Week 23

It is now week 23 and so that means there are only 17 weeks to go until we get to meet our baby! We can’t wait! Mark and I got some good advice from our pastor who said that we should not call our baby an “it” but by both our boy and girl name. So from now on I will refer to our precious little baby as “Brooks-Charlotte”. Isn’t that cute?

Brooks-Charlotte is more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango). The baby’s skin is red and wrinkled and blood vessels in the lungs are developing to prepare for breathing. B-C can even swallow now! Loud noises heard often in utero — such as a dog barking or the roar of a vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze the baby when he/she hears them outside the womb. We did go and see the new Indiana Jones movie the other night and during the really loud parts of the movie the baby really started moving around…I think B-C was fazed!
Speaking of moving…this little one is quite an active little guy/gal. I feel the baby move every day now and not just little flutters. I feel the baby the most when I am relaxing (i.e. reclining on the couch) or just after I eat a meal. I think it is already pretty sensitive to sugar…eating dessert makes it go nuts! I can even see the baby move from the outside! This weekend I was in a bathing suit most of the time and it was so funny to watch my belly move like there was an alien in there! It is one thing to feel it from the inside but it is totally amazing to see if from the outside! My belly is really growing too. I feel like it changes from day to day. I think it is funny that so many people have an opinion about the way that I am carrying B-C. Some say I am carrying high, some say low…I even got that I was “pointy/all out front” yesterday from the cashier at Wal-Mart! And because of the way that I am carrying everyone seems to “know” what the sex is too! Yesterday at Wal-Mart it was a boy…this morning at work according to a co-worker it is a girl! Too funny!

We had a great Memorial Day weekend. We took a trip over to Melbourne and stayed the entire weekend with Andrea and Alex Hart and the Williams’ (Andrea’s parents). We could not have asked for a nicer weekend away. The weather was perfect, the accommodations we fabulous and the company superb! We all had a great time visiting and relaxing. I even celebrated my 29th birthday in style at the beach! Everyone made it so special for me…I could not have asked for a better birthday. The guys got to do a lot of boating and fishing and Andrea and I worked on our tans and enjoyed the boat too. We even got a chance to go out for a really nice dinner on the water…a perfect ending to a perfect weekend!



We go to the baby doctor tomorrow to see how Brooks-Charlotte is doing. I am sure that all is well and that our little munchkin is growing…well if my belly is any indication B-C is growing like a weed! I’ll be sure to post all the cool baby doctor info tomorrow.

No comments: