The big event this week was that Mark was able to feel the baby move for the first time! It was SO amazing! Like I said, our baby is really active at night. This past Wednesday night (5/07/08) we had just settled into bed and I told Mark that I was really feeling the baby move. I was on my side and Mark put his hand on my belly. As I turned over on my back the baby kicked HARD! I looked at Mark and he looked at me and we were both like “did you feel that?!?!?!” It was so cool…I couldn’t believe it! I haven’t felt it move like that since then but there have been lots of little flutters and that makes me happy. I also feel the baby move a lot when I am sitting at my desk after lunch. I guess it gets a “sugar high” and starts dancing in there.
Mother’s Day was Sunday and Mark was so sweet to remember me (the mother-to-be). He actually went out and bought a gift and a card that were from the “baby”. The gift was totally awesome…our baby knew EXACTLY what I wanted/needed…it’s so smart! Mark (and baby Batia) picked out a great pair of maternity jeans from Pea in the Pod that I absolutely LOVE! They are the perfect style, shape (mid belly band) and size…I am so stoked! They are my first pair of maternity jeans and I can’t wait to wear them! Mark (and our baby) rocks! We got to see both of our mom’s this weekend for Mother’s Day too. We went to see Blue Man Group on Saturday night with my mom and sister and we cooked lunch over at Mark’s moms on Sunday for her, Daryl and Granny. Mark grilled ribs and I cooked green beans, corn on the cob and dessert (of course)! It was delicious! It was a wonderful Mother’s Day all the way around.
We have been super busy lately. In between working and our social lives, Mark and I barley have time for anything else! We are both still volunteering around Orlando and we really love having the opportunity to get involved in the community. We have finally found a church here in Orlando that we love and we have even joined a “family/life group”. We meet with the 4 other couples every other week and so far we’ve enjoyed getting to know everyone. Mark and I are the youngest couple but that is ok with us…two of the other couples have young kids so it will be nice to have the advice and support from them once our baby gets here. Having family close by has been a bonus too. My mom and sister live here in Orlando and Mark’s mom and grandmother live right down the road in Lakeland. It is nice on weekends like this past one when everyone is close enough to see for Mother’s Day!
Being busy is my only “complaint” about being pregnant these days. I find that I’m having to slow things down a bit and that I feel better when I don’t push it. I am still working out everyday and that includes strength training, walking/jogging, spin classes and now swimming! I feel so much better physically and mentally when I am active. I hope that I feel this good all the way through September…it will be here before we know it! Slowing down is on my to-do-list but it will have to wait for now…too much to do in the meantime!
No comments:
Post a Comment