This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Brooks: Week 39

Brooks will turn 10 months old this Saturday! That means that in two short months we will be celebrating his first birthday! Wow! I need to get to work on planning his big birthday bash!

Last week was a great week because it ended with a visit from a special friend. My college roommate Caroline came and stayed with us for a few nights. It was so great to have her here…Brooks just thought she was something else! I think he liked her big belly the best…he must have known that his little friend was in there baking away! Only five more weeks and we will know whether Brooks will have another girlfriend or another best friend! Of course Caroline looks fabulous! If you look at her from behind you wouldn’t even know that she was pregnant! On Saturday we all drove over to Melbourne for a really sweet baby shower honoring Caroline and Baby Smith. Brooks had a good time and was such a good boy! I think he liked the fact that he was the only male in a house FULL of women!

Speaking of babies…it seems like all of my girlfriends are either pregnant or have just had a baby! It must be that time in our lives! It all started with Heather having Lilly and then Ada had Adita, Jeanne had Nevan, Katie had Olivia, Stacie had Bailey and Ivy just had Riley last week! Caroline and Amy are due any week now, Kyla and Lisa are both due in a few short months, and I just found out this week that Susan is pregnant and due in January with TWINS!!!! Needless to say that Brooks will not be lacking for friends! We are so excited for everyone and can’t wait to meet all those buns in the ovens!

Brooks and I have had a great week this week. It has been pretty low key but we like low key every once in a while! We got to spend the day over at my mom’s on Tuesday…we went to the pool and Brooks had a blast in both the baby pool and the big kid pool! My mom and I even got some sewing in too…Brooks took a nice long nap after exhausting himself swimming! My mom and I are so excited about all the cool baby sewing ideas we are coming up with…right now I am more of the idea girl and my mom is the executor but I am learning! We have been really busy making and selling outfits, diaper bags and highchair/shopping cart covers and the ideas keep flowing…and it is so much fun because Brooks gets to be the prototype for everything! He is such a trooper and I’m not complaining either!!!!
The VERY cute diaper bags!
One of the adorable outfits my mom made in like two hours!

Mark and I are very lucky and we get to go out by ourselves twice this week! Last night Mark’s mom came over and stayed with Brooks while we went out on a date! We were celebrating Mark’s big promotion at work! Woohoo! Go Mark! He is such a wonderful provider and Brooks and I are so lucky to have him! Tomorrow night my mom is coming over so that Mark and I can go to a marriage seminar at church. Wow…twice in one week! We are so blessed with such great moms/grandmothers!



Another part of our week this week has included lots of exercise (for mommy, daddy and Brooks!). Mark and I are currently 30 days into the P90X program and boy are we feeling it! It is such a tough workout but we LOVE it! Bring it! I’m also training for a half marathon so Brooks and I have been running each morning. It is super hot out these days but I think I’m the one doing most of the sweating…I wish someone would push me around Orlando in a stroller! Brooks loves being outside so I never hear any complaints from him…that and we usually stop off at the park at some point along the run for him to swing and for mommy to rehydrate! Brooks prefers to get his exercise by crawling ALL over the house and pulling up on everything! He is getting so brave these days and is even letting go and free standing on his own!
He loves to “walk” around holding your hands and there are times that he thinks he can do it all by himself and down he goes! Good thing he’s tough! He even works up a sweat standing up and falling down so much…it is constant and he doesn’t give up! He plays so hard that nap time and bed time are no problem!

Brooks is also a lot more vocal these days. He is really starting to babble and he tries to repeat everything you say to him. He will say (and you actually understand) “dog”, “dada”, “mama”, “bye-bye” and “ball”. Everything else he says is gibberish but so cute! He is starting to express himself with his hands and he will make funny faces too! It is so adorable! He loves reading books especially the ones that have flaps or pictures with textures to touch. He laughs each time he see a picture of a dog and the baby monkey in one of his books cracks him up too! He is still eating like a champ. He tried strawberries and yogurt for the first time this week and they are both winners! Thanks you Lord for a good eater!

The best part of our low key week this week is getting to spend down time with Brooks. He is so much fun these days but if you aren’t still long enough you will miss the special moments. It’s the little things like him sitting in your lap to read a book and he actually turns the pages himself, him snuggling with you when he is getting drowsy, or giggling because you are blowing bubbles underwater in the pool…ahhh it’s the little things in life that bring so much joy!

2 comments:

The Thagards said...

Wow! Look at those teeth! He has grown so much..!

Janelle said...

Hi- I saw your Diaper Bags, and would really like more information on how to buy them? if you will, please e-mail me at Janelle.moyer@citynet.net. I think they would make adorable gifts, and having that my 5 best friends are pregnant right now, I would love to get them one!