Well it's hard to believe that summer is winding down and that school supplies are in the near future! In fact, I was in Target this week and that is all I saw...backpacks, crayons, glue, pencils...ahhh I love this time of year! :) Brooks will be starting pre-school at the end of the month and to get him in the mood we enrolled him in a 3 week summer camp at his school. He had such a fun time exploring the "ocean" and it was great for both of us to become accustom to a real school schedule and experience. Another fun bonus is that I now have two mornings a week where I get to hang out with Campbell, one-on-one. We've been checking out story time at the library, shopping on Park Ave with Ny and Tiago and if Camp is lucky we make it home in time for an un-interupted, super quiet morning nap! Bring on the Fall!!!
 |
| Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed! All ready for his first day of pre-school summer camp! |
 |
| Ready to go...he loves his shark backpack and lunchbox! Ps...check out his new kicks...they are a size 10!!!! |
 |
| Ella and Brooks are in the same class...of course! |
 |
| Heading into his classroom...such a big boy! |
 |
| Tiago and Campbell playing together before story time |
 |
| Special time with Mommy |
 |
| Happy boy...he loves story time! |
 |
| And up he goes! |
 |
| So big...and so cute!!!!! |
To celebrate our last few weeks of summer, we've been busy playing at the Science Center, sprinkler playdates, and with fun company! Here are a few pictures of the good times had by all!
 |
| Brooks checking out the shells at the Science Center...he thinks it's so cool that he can hear the ocean in them! |
 |
| Andrew and Brooks having a blast with the boats and water toys! |
 |
| This is a super cute exhibit where the kids can "pick" oranges and then use the bike to propel them overhead and dumps them out to be picked again! |
 |
| Gathering oranges |
 |
| Checking out the sting ray tank...I think he might have spotted Nemo! |
 |
| Enjoying the pool and sprinklers at Ryan's playdate |
 |
| Tiago and Campbell even got in on the fun...I think Carol looks good with a baby on her hip!!!! :) |
 |
| The Jones came to visit for a few days! We had a blast hanging out with all the kids and working on Brooks' big boy room makeover! |
 |
| Look at these two!!!! Lincoln is such a little dude and he and Campbell "played" so well together! |
 |
| Camp was fascinated with Linc's hair!!!! I was too!!!! |
We've been on quiet a few trips this summer both as a family and just Mark and me. First, Mark and I got to go to Canada to celebrate Haley and Brad's wedding weekend. It was such a nice get a way for us (our first since Campbell was born!) and the boys did great while we were away! After that we were invited down to Vero Beach to stay with our friends the Barkett's. We had a wonderful time enjoying the beach and boat rides with the kids! Last week we were able to go over to Anna Maria Island again and this time Ny, Chris and their kids as well as my mom were able to tag along for a super fantastic vacation!
 |
| The happy couple! Mr. Brad Wozney and his beautiful wife Dr. Haley Perlus! |
 |
| The girls...all back together again...it's been 8 years! |
 |
| Two of the hubbies enjoying an ice cold beverage! |
 |
| Wedding day...it was a beautiful weekend! |
 |
| Camp was trying on Micky's hat |
 |
| Chillin' on Vero Beach! |
 |
| B loves the beach...the kid could play ALL day in the sand and surf! |
 |
| Here I am learning to paddle board...I think I'm hooked!!! It's SO much fun and such an awesome workout! |
 |
| Starting off on my knees...it's way harder than it looks! |
 |
| Two of my boys |
 |
| Micky was teaching my kids bad habits! :) |
 |
| Monkey see, monkey do! |
 |
| Having lunch a the beach club...we had an awesome time! |
 |
| Mmmmm...frozen lemonade!!! |
 |
| Getting all geared up for a boat ride to dinner |
 |
| Note: two very unhappy children and one very sarcastic mommy! Are we having fun yet??? |
 |
| All better...sort of... |
 |
| On our way and not a tear to be seen! |
 |
| Micky, Dave, Morgan and Cole...wait a minute...that's Campbell not Cole!!!! :) |
 |
| All bundled up and ready for the ride home...what a beautiful sunset. |
 |
| Ahhhh...Anna Maria...a little piece of heaven! |
 |
| Our crazy crew! |
 |
| Campbell and Tiago experiencing playing in the sand for the first time...Ti didn't quite know what to think and Camp tried eating it!!! :) |
 |
| These two are old pros...sand castle building machines! |
 |
| A random hammock that we had to test out! Hope these home owners didn't mind! |
 |
| Brooks was fascinated with the crabs we found in the water this time...he has no fear!!! |
 |
| Mark and his boys |
 |
| TiTi and Camp enjoying some watermelon...yummy!!! |
 |
| I just love this picture of my dudes...C actually has enough hard to style now! |
 |
| Enjoying another beautiful sunset |
 |
| The Fabulous Batia Four |
 |
| Dinner at the Rod and Reel Pier...a total dive but man was it good! |
So what have our little guys been up to? Brooks is so much fun these days. He is no longer a toddler and is now a full fledge little boy! His imagination is out of this world and I just love to hear him play when he doesn't know I'm watching! He loves to dress up (his two favorites are pirates and superheros)! He loves to play with his train set that is set up in the front room on the ottoman and to build towers with his building blocks. His favorite movie is Toy Story and he can now recite certain scenes by heart! Oh my! His favorite shows are Little Bear and Max and Ruby. His favorite color is blue and his favorite fruit are oranges...he must be a Gator in the making! :) This guy makes me laugh out loud at least once a day and want to pull out my hair at least twice! He's a blast to hang out with...such a sweet kid...I wouldn't trade him for the world! On a different note, (knock on wood!) B has been very healthy lately. He did have an ear infection a few weeks ago and when I took him in to get it seen about we found out that one of his ear tubes has fallen out. We are now on a "wait and see" path and cross our fingers he stays healthy...if not...it will have to be another set of tubes!
 |
| Superhero Brooks to the rescue! This is the shirt he made during his summer camp. |
 |
| I got creative one morning and Brooks helped me make his superhero mask. It turned out pretty cute! |
 |
| This kid can put away oranges... |
 |
| Mmmm...I love healthy snacks! |
Campbell is growing like a weed too...he now weighs 19.5 pounds! This guy can no longer be called "little!" He is really loving his solid these days...this guy can put away some food! I've been making all of his food so far and his favorites to date are white sweet potatoes, acorn squash and apples with butternut squash. The kid has good taste! I mentioned last time that Campbell is mobile these days...well now he is really mobile! He is all over the place and his pulling up like a crazy kid! His favorite position is up...he sits up on his own now, pulls up on everything (we had to move his crib to the lowest setting last week!) and I can see it in his eyes...he wants to walk! He is so motivated by Brooks...anything and everything B has C wants! B is such a super big brother and doesn't seem to get to perturbed...yet!
This week Campbell is battling a nasty double ear infection and cold virus. Poor baby is really sick...he has had a crazy fever that has been tough to control. He is now on an antibiotic and I really hope it kicks in soon. He has not been sleeping well this week because of all of this but I do have to brag (hahaha!) that last week he actually slept 6pm to 6am for the very first time in his life!!!! Yes, I know he is 8 months old but it's all relative! :) I'm ready for him to get well so we can see if we can pull another all nighter...sleeping that is!
 |
| This kid is a happy dude! |
 |
| Love those chubby cheeks! |
 |
| Brooks might think this is his car but Camp has another idea! |
 |
| Yes, I will pull up on anything that is solid... |
 |
| With a little help from mommy... |
 |
| I can pull myself up... |
 |
| Here I go...if I could just get this leg to do the right thing... |
 |
| Ta-da!!!! |
 |
| Loving a snuggle from mama...I just LOVE this picture!!! |
 |
| Motivation is key...He wants that pirate sword!!! |
 |
| Almost there... |
 |
| It's almost in reach... |
 |
| Ta-da!!!! Sweet Success!!!! |
 |
| Ps...I now have FOUR teeth!!!! The two on top are monsters! He's ready to eat meat with these guys! |
 |
| And the two on the bottom are all the way in! |
 |
| Pulling up on just about anything...even a brick wall!!! |
This past weekend we had the pleasure of helping Nyrla celebrate her 29th birthday! We got to go out for an amazing sushi dinner with friends and we ended the night at an artsy pub that was right up our alley! Good times to be had by all!
 |
| The girls...Happy Birthday Ny! |
 |
| Dinner at Shari...delish!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment