This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Campbell Jake Batia

It's a BOY!!!! On December 3rd Campbell Jake Batia was born! He arrived at 7:56am and was 7 lbs 5oz and 19 3/4 inches long! The surgery was pretty cut and dry...no drama except that Campbell thought it would be more comfortable to lie in the transverse position meaning he was sideways! The doctor made the first incision on my uterus and Campbell tied coming out bottom first! What a way to enter the world! The doctor ended up having to make another incision to get him out! After all of that it was great to hear the news that it was Campbell...Mark and I just looked at each other and laughed! We both had a gut feeling right before the surgery that it was a boy and sure enough we were right!!! It was such a sweet surprise...one that cannot be replicated! All I could think about was that Brooks now has a little brother and that is so cool!!! 
Recovery has been a little more difficult that it was after having Brooks. I actually went to the hospital to have Campbell feeling under the weather...Brooks was so sweet and shared his lovely cold with me! After having a tough surgery and then being sick, I was down for a good two week! Thank goodness my mom came to stay with us for those two weeks...I am not sure I could have done it without her! 
Here are a ton of pictures from the past few weeks. We've had a great time getting to know the newest member of our family and sharing him with Brooks and all of our family and friends! Enjoy! (Ps...sorry that the pictures are out of order...I just don't have the patients to rearrange them all tonight!)

He's here!!!! Welcome Campbell!

At birth Campbell was almost identical to Brooks!



My dad and sister Becky getting their first look at Campbell

A proud new aunt!

  
What a sweet boy!

Mark and his mom

Mark's dad enjoying his new grandson

This was when Brooks got to meet his little brother for the very first time!


We were counting his toes!

Checking out Campbell's feet!

Getting to hold Campbell for the first time...all by himself!

In the OR...check out the little footprints on Mark's gown!

My mom getting to meet Campbell for the first time!

Not a happy camper!

One proud Papa!

Getting to check out Campbell in recovery....what an amazing moment!

Add caption

Becky and PG loving on Campbell!

Carol came to visit us twice in the hospital! What an awesome friend!

Richard and Jennifer brought their whole family down to meet their newest cousin/nephew...so much fun!

Julie Ann and Jennifer loving on Campbell

Uncle Richard even got in on the snuggles!

The Wollitz family came to meet Campbell

Ella was all about holding "Baby Pambell" :)

The Schwab crew

Mama making her baby cry! God forbid I change his diaper!

It doesn't get much better than this...

Look at that sweet face...I could kiss those cheeks all day long!

Brooks was very in to his baby brother...melt my heart!

No words needed here...

We finally convinced Cole that it was ok to hold Campbell and that he wouldn't break him!

Julie and Caroline entertaining Brooks!

All bundled up and on the way home...it was freezing outside!!!!
Chilling out at home in his new swing

Getting his first bath at home...there is nothing that smells better than a freshly bathed baby!

What a trooper...he barely peeped!
All home and settling in...

Our nights are long but we are adjusting...slowly!

Ella, Tiago, Brooks and Campbell...BFFs!

Brooks is adjusting well to becoming a new big brother...he loves Campbell so much!

1 comment:

KellyW said...

I just love the update and all the pictures. I am so happy for you guys! Congratulations!