So it seams like forever since I've blogged but really it's only been a few weeks! So much as happened since the last time I wrote but don't worry...I'm about to fill you in on it ALL!!!
Let's start with Halloween! We had a great week leading up to the Halloween weekend. Brooks was very excited to dress up in his costume...this year he was Brooks the Builder! Once again I made his outfit and it turned out really cute if I do say so myself! He had a orange vest with his name on it as well as a toolbelt for all his "worker-man" tools! He wore the hard hat that he got from his PopPop for his birthday and voila...Brooks the Builder!
We had a Kindermusik costume party the Friday before Halloween and the kids had SO much fun! My mom and sister were even able to join us and Brooks thought that was too special having them there!
Then we had the big time fun on Sunday evening when we met a bunch of our friends in Baldwin Park for some fun trick or treating...don't worry the kids had a blast too! :) Brooks was very impressed with Princess Ella...he couldn't keeps his hands off of her! So cute!
Baby Tiago even dressed up for the occation! He was so sweet and slept through all the fun!
Gianna was the most "fashionable" toddler of the night! She was an 80's aerobics instructor...so original and even more adorable!
Here are Brooks with the two doctors...Baby Sterling and Dr. Andrew! They were so cute...walking in their daddy's shoes!
 |
| Getting ready to head out to gather up the loot! |
 |
| It didn't take B long to figure out the whole trick or treat process....he was a pro by the end of the night!!! |
 |
| One of the very cool decorated homes we visited...sort of scary but the kids didn't seem to notice. They just wanted the candy! |
The following weekend Mark decided it was time for us all to get away for a long weekend before Baby CC arrives! We decided that Hilton Head Island was the perfect place...but we ended up going for one of the coolest weekends of the season! It was so chilly but a nice change from this balmy Florida weather. Our friends Nick and Stacie Boehme along with their two girls joined us too. We stayed in a great area called Sea Pines Resort and our condo was so nice...right on the 17th hole! They guys were in heaven!
 |
| Hanging out on the 17th green! |
 |
| Brooks all dressed up for the cold weather! |
 |
| Beth (our amazing "take-a-long" babysitter) and Brooks! |
 |
| Ellie, Bailey, and Brooks |
 |
| This is a perfect picture of Fall...a cutie-pa-tootie, pumpkin and a real fire in the fireplace! |
 |
| Brooks, Mark and the nice redfish they caught! |
 |
| It was a long ride home...but B did a good job entertaining himself! :) |
Brooks, PG and I made a special trip over to Tampa for the last week. We took Brooks to the zoo for the very first time! It was a huge success...we all had a great time! The weather was perfect and B loved seeing all the cool animals. The giraffes were his favorite and he loved the carousel that his PG took him on...too much fun!
 |
| Aunt Becca showing Brooks the animals! |
 |
| PG and Brooks checking out the monkeys! |
 |
| Look Mom!!! No hands!!!! |
 |
| Hey guys!!!! So much fun! |
 |
| Checking out the flamingos at the Florida exhibit... |
 |
| B couldn't get enough of the giraffes...he thought they were too cool! |
 |
| The very prego me and Bec at the end of the day! |
This past weekend we had the Hart family come to visit us. We had big plans to take the boys to Disney World for the day on Saturday...my friend Rachel was the bomb and walked Mark, Alex and Andrea through the gates for FREE!!! Thanks again Rach! It was another gorgeous day in Orlando and we had such a great time! Brooks and Brady had so much fun at "Mickey Mouse's house" and they couldn't get enough of all the characters and rides! Ahhh...to be two again! BTW...this was Brady's very first visit to Disney World...what fun memories!
 |
| Heading into our first ride of the day...Finding Nemo! It was an instant hit! |
 |
| The Harts, Alex, Andrea, Brady and Emery! |
 |
| Brooks and Mark on the carousel at Magic Kingdom...this is by far one of B's favorite things right now! |
 |
| Hi mommy!!! |
 |
| Brooks and mommy on the Small World ride. |
 |
| It's snack time! The boys loved the popcorn!!! It was really good! |
 |
| Brady couldn't get enough either! |
 |
| Alex and Brady...it was such a fun day for all of us! |
 |
| It was a very long day that included no afternoon naps! They boys (and Emery!) were fantastic despite a very full day but they couldn't help but fall asleep at the end of the day. Brooks passed out on the way back to the car and stayed that way until 7am the next day! |
So that is what we've been up to for the last couple of weeks...but what about Baby CC??? This baby has been going through some big changes over the past few weeks. Our baby is now considered "full term," even though our official due date is three weeks away. If I should go into labor now, Baby CC's lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb.

Baby CC now weighs around 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if our baby doesn't have any hair...I was pretty bald as a newborn and Mark didn't have much hair either! Brooks was born with lots of white blonde hair...just like he has now and that was a huge surprise to us all! I would love it if Baby CC had the same...and wouldn't be to shocked since I've had super crazy bad heartburn this entire pregnancy! I hear that the "heartburn/hair" correlation is one of the only old wives tales that is actually true!
Can you believe that we are on the final count down to finally meeting Baby CC??? 11 days and counting!!! We are scheduled for our c-section on December 3rd at 7:30am! That means we have to be at the hospital at 5:30am but I am totally ok with that! We had a 12:30pm surgery time for B and it was so hard to wait that long to meet him...and even harder for me not to eat for that long! It's very exciting to think that we are going to finally meet the little baby that's been in my belly for the past nine months! And even more exciting to know if Baby CC is going to be Campbell or Charlotte!
I'm starting to feel like I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore. It's been a wonderful pregnancy thus far and so I really don't have any room to complain but it definitely feels like the end and I'm ready for Dec 3rd! I'm starting to not sleep well at night, in fact I sort of dread bedtime! I'm super tired but I know that I don't rest well and that my body hurts from lying in the same position too long. I've considered moving to the couch but still haven't tried it yet. It worked well when I was prego with Brooks but the couch is in the front room and so far away from Mark and Brooks in the back of the house! My back is starting to hurt a little too as well as my feet at the end of the day. I guess it's to be expected since I am 26 pounds heavier than I am not pregnant! My poor piggies!
Here is the most recent picture of me pregnant...sorry that I'm in my pj's but I've been terrible about taking weekly pictures this time (sorry CC) and so when I do remember I am usually in my comfy clothes at the end of the day!
 |
| 37 weeks pregnant with Baby CC - Nov 21, 2010 |
Here is a fun comparison of my prego belly with Brooks and Baby CC...what do you think? Does it look the same, different, higher/lower, bigger/smaller??? You tell me! :)
 |
| 37 weeks pregnant with Brooks, Sept 1, 2008 |
Less than two weeks to go! 11 days and counting!!!
2 comments:
I am jealous, you look Fantastico! Can't wait to see Baby CC! Love, Kyla
I think it looks more defined...maybe the sign of a different sex...I'm still going with your mom and calling girl! Get the pink ribbon ready Grandmom!
Post a Comment