This is a blog all about our family! Follow along with us on this amazing journey.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Brooks and Batia Baby # 2 - Week 18-21

Summer is a time to be busy and on the go and boy are we are living it up this summer! We've been having so much fun that I haven't had any time to stop and blog! Well I have to be honest, it's not all been fun and games since our last post. Our family got a nasty stomach bug that put us all out of commission for over a week! It was terrible!!! Thank goodness my mom was able to help us out with Brooks when Mark and I came down with the virus...I have NO idea what we would have done without her! Unfortunately, she caught the same bug about a week later...I guess you can say she took one for the team! Thanks mom!

So what is going on with C-C these days? Our baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot.
In other developments, our baby's eyebrows and lids are present now. The initial fluttering movements have turned into full-fledged kicks and nudges. There is also a pattern to C-C's activity...he/she is super active after I eat lunch and dinner and especially later at night when I am trying to relax on the couch after a long day! I love it though...it makes it feel that much more real that there really is a baby in there! :)

Here is the most recent belly picture...I feel terrible cause I've not taken one since week 17!!! I'm such a slacker! And here is a cute shot of Brooks sharing his cookies with the baby in my belly. He's going to make a great big brother!

I continue to feel great these days. I'm still running at least 2-3 days a week and Mark and I are still trying to "fill in the gaps" with P90X. I'm definitely not able to do as much as I used to do but that's ok. I feel strong and healthy and that is all that matters. My belly is getting bigger and so sleeping is starting to become an event. Some nights I am so exhausted that I fall right to sleep but then other nights it is a tossing and turning fest until I can find just the right spot. It can be really annoying but I know that it's not going to get any better until after little C-C arrives! We went to the doctor last week for our 20 week ultrasound. Everything measured and looked great and we did NOT find out the sex of the baby. It was really hard especially when we were at the appointment and it would have been so easy for the tech to just tell us. But we were strong and didn't give in! So it's going to be a surprise and we can't wait! Brooks went to the appointment with us so he got to see the baby up on the big screen...it was cool to watch his reaction...so cute! If you ask him what the baby's name will be if it's a boy he will say "Tambell" and if it's a girl she says "Tdrlet"...so funny! We did get a few pictures of baby C-C but they didn't really turn out all that great. The baby was laying in a funny position so there was a good profile shot just sort of a face-on. Kind of a bummer!

What is Mr. Brooks up to these days? Well having lots and lots of fun of course! We've been going on lots of playdates and we've had lots of company come to visit. Brooks is so social and just loves to be out and about. Here are some pictures of one of our recent playdates at Dinky Dock in Winter Park...and cute little lakeside park. Brooks, Ella and Andrew had too much fun!


Mark and Brooks had some fun sprinkler time in the backyard the other weekend...Brooks of course had to strip down to his birthday suit...he's such a boy!


A whole bunch of moms and kiddies met up at a big splash park over near Dr. Phillips and we had a great time even though it was boiling hot! The kids stayed cool in the fountains and showers and the moms tried staying cool in the shade. Brooks loves all the water and toys...it was a little boys heaven!


We also had a chance to drive over to Winter Garden to meet my old boss Trish for dinner. We had such a great time catching up and Brooks just loved being the center of attention. Here are some pictures we took after dinner when we took a walk in the historic downtown. Brooks loved splashing in the fountain with Diane...of course they gave into his every whim...that is what friends are for right? :)


Trish, Diane and Brooks waving to the camera...and then after we were finished playing in the fountain we all saw the sign that was posted...telling us NOT to play in or on the fountain! Busted!!!!


Last week we had a very special visit from the Michelini's! It was so much fun having them come and stay (even though it was only for ONE night!) Brooks loved playing with Miss Lilly...they had lots of fun learning to share toys and snacks and getting good and dirty in the backyard!



And then after getting dirty outside it was time to make mud in the bath tub! :)


Brooks loved their dogs too...Caden was his favorite and he kept wanting to give him a hug...it was too cute!


Last weekend, we got to see Chad, Dana and Fletcher when they came down to Orlando to go to Sea World. It was a short visit at their hotel but that was ok with us. Brooks loved seeing Fletcher and running all around the hotel lobby together. He talked about that for days afterwards and every once in a while he will say "Fletcher!, running!!!!" He loves his cousins!

And then the same week we had Julie Ann and Caroline come down to stay with us for a week! Brooks is totally in love! :) Uncle Richard (or Uncle Dick as he likes to call him!) is a close second to the girls and Cole is right up there with Richard! Here are a whole bunch of pictures of our week and weekend with the Schwab crew.

Here is Brooks sharing his cookies with Uncle Richard!

Giving Richard some good lovin'


Here the girls and Brooks are pretending to take a nap at PG's house. He just loved to do anything that they were doing.


We drove over to St. Augustine for the weekend and we had to go to dinner at the Outback Crab Shack. Here are B and Rich taking a walk before dinner...I love this one!


Then back at the hotel, I happened to be in the bathroom and could hear Brooks laughing and came out to find that Uncle Dick was teaching him how to jump on the bed!!!

Busted!!!! I told him that was not ok but Richard quickly told B that it was only ok because it was a hotel bed! Like he can tell the difference! :)

Brooks continues to develop and grow at a rate that is way too fast for me!!! I was rocking him last night before bed and he took up the entire length of my body and his feet were hanging off the rocker. He was so sweet to lay there and snuggle and all I could do was cry! I know it sounds silly but I was so overcome with emotion and the thought that he is not quite a baby anymore and that I really don't want him to grow up after all! Of course it is impossible to keep him little forever but still it breaks that special little place in my heart!
His vocabulary is expanding every day. He has so many words and talks so much that it would take an entire blog post to even scratch the surface. He seriously talks ALL the time and about everything! And he is putting together such complex thoughts that it amazes me sometimes and I even question what he is saying! He loves to sing and play memory games. He is starting to memorize the pages to his favorite books and will tell you what's coming up on the next page! He is so animated too...he loves to do all the hand motions to his favorite songs like "wheels on the bus", "twinkle twinkle little star", "itsy bitsy spider", and even his "ABC's!" His is so entertaining! He loves to show off that he knows the motions for forwards and backwards, side to side, in and out and up and down. He totally amazed me this weekend when he all of a sudden came up with the little and big concept and he was actually right about what he was calling "big" and "little". It was like a light bulb went off in his head!

Here is a link to a really cute video of B singing his ABC's with all of at the dinner table...as you can see he keeps us rolling with laughter!


Our big accomplishment this week is we began potty training! I know it is super early but he has such an interest in the potty and will tell me when he is going in his diaper. So I thought "what the heck!" We went and bought him a little potty and some training pants and we are off! He's done exceptionally well with only a few accidents (which were mostly my fault for not getting him to the potty on time!) He has the pee-peeing pretty much down at but the poo-poo part is still an issue. It freaks him out a little bit when he has to go and then he sort of gets stage fright and won't go on the potty. It will come...and if he's not ready then we will try again another time. I am trying to let him be the guide...I don't want to rush him but if he is ready that would be great too! So I am totally open to any potty training tips you moms out there might have! Bring them on!!!

No comments: