Check out this little video of Brooks saying "ball" and saying and waving "bye-bye"! So stinkin' cute!!!
This past week was very eventful for Mr. Brooks. Every day he surprises us all with something new! On Sunday Brooks had a lot of one on one time with daddy because mommy was busy volunteering at church and of course that is the day that he really started crawling, he pulled himself up on the coffee table all by himself and he stood up in his crib…all in ONE day and I missed most of it! Good thing Mark is super camera savvy and took tons of pictures!

Brooks is officially on the go! He loves to sit and play with his toys on the floor but he has now discovered the coffee table across the room and all the “fun” things that are stored beneath it! We had our first “battle of the wills” on Monday over the magazines under the coffee table. Brooks just thought they were too tempting and he just HAD to have them! He was NOT thrilled though when I told him no…insulted would be the word…too funny! He is a hard headed little guy and it took a good 5 or 6 times of telling him “no”, moving him away from them, and him crawling back over to “test” me again…don’t worry…I won but not without some tears on Brooks’ part. Life sure is tough when you learn that the world is not all about you!

Not only is Brooks crawling but he is pulling up on everything that he can reach. Our cable box and Blu-Ray player are stored below our tv and they are right at the perfect level…however they are also a no-no so we have been learning that the Blu-Ray player is NOT a drum or a prop to pull up on! That was a tougher lesson to learn. He lost his balance when I wasn’t looking and came down hard on the corner. He has a nice bruise on his forehead to prove it…so sad!

He loves to pull himself up in his crib too. This is a much safer environment to experiment and he just beams from ear to ear when he is successful! This is the way he will greet us when waking from most of his naps…so sweet!

He is totally into entertaining himself with all of his toys…I think he actually likes the baskets better than the toys! He tried to crawl in but he’s just too big!

We had a really fun playdate on Tuesday. We went over to Brooks’ buddy Brady’s (say that 5 times really fast!) house for a baby pool party! So much fun! Carol was of course the “hostess with the mostess” and had it all planed out. It was so much fun for both the babies and the mommies! Brooks just loved playing with all his little friends…he of course is partial to Ella and he is always trying to kiss and love on her…she is usually not too thrilled! Her dad would be so proud!



Brooks is also fascinated with my toes…I think it is the bright polish…he zeros in on them all the time and just want to put them in his mouth…so gross!!! He is all boy…what can I say!


We are so excited because we leave tomorrow for our vacation to the Northeast! Our first stop is Boston to see my sister Becky and her fiancĂ© Troy and to attend my cousin Kate’s wedding. We can’t wait! On Wednesday we will drive down to Pennsylvania for a few days at our family’s cabin in the Poconos! Then it is over to New Jersey to visit with more family…so much fun! Brooks will get to finally meet all of my family including his Great-grand Nana! We just hope that he stays healthy. I had to take him in to see the doctor this morning because of a runny nose and a nasty cough…sure enough he has another ear infection and he is on antibiotics again…that is the second time in a month! Poor little guy! I am just glad we caught it before we left…that would have not been a fun start to our trip! Wish us luck on our very first plane ride! Fun stories to come I am sure!
Check out this cute video of Brooks' laugh...so contagious!!!!
2 comments:
I can't get enough Brooks!!!
We are so excited to have you guys come up tomorrow. I can't wait to see you and all the fun things Brooks can do! Love you all!
Post a Comment