It is now week 35…can you believe it! Only 5 more weeks left and that is only 35 more days! That is unbelievable! We now start going to our doctor visits every week. That is very exciting too. It makes it seem very real that we are only a month away from meeting our little B-C. I just about can’t stand the wait!Our baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he/she is over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in my womb, B-C isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he/she kicks should remain about the same. I swear the baby is still flipping around in there. At least once a day my stomach will get all cock-eyed and I just know B-C is hanging out sideways! The kidneys are fully developed now, and the liver can process some waste products. Most of the basic physical development is now complete and B-C will spend the next few weeks putting on weight…cause everyone loves a chubby baby!

I can now officially say that I am sleeping like crap! Little B-C seems to like to keep me up at night already and he/she has not even set foot in the real world yet. I guess this is God’s and B-C’s way of preparing me for the inevitable. First of all I am just not sleepy at night. Thank goodness that the Olympics are on so late…I would be bored out of my mind if not. So once I do get good and sleepy, I try getting comfortable in the bed but that is almost a lost cause. I usually end up on the couch and it is not much better there. I feel terrible because I just know that I am keeping Mark up by tossing and turning. I physically get up around 4-5 times a night…not only to go to the bathroom but I’m also thirsty and sometimes just wide awake for no reason. I know things probably won’t get any better for a while…I mean I only have 5 more weeks until D-day and then after that it will be B-C keeping me up for other reasons!

Well enough complaining. Other than not sleeping well, everything else is great. My feet are not swelling as much these days and that is a good thing. I don’t have too many aches and pains to speak of even though my belly is getting huge. I actually had to break down and buy a few more maternity shirts to get me through to the end…my others were starting to ride up on my belly and nobody really wants to see baby-belly poking out! I’m still working out everyday and I still feel pretty good about all of that. I have noticed that it is not so easy to ride the recumbent (sit) bike these days…my knees are starting to bang my belly! Power walking still feels great and so does spinning. I’ve really enjoyed getting back into going to classes at the YMCA…it is much more fun than working out by myself here at the condo complex.
So Mark and Alex had a fantastic time in NYC this past weekend. They got to go to the game on Saturday afternoon and they even got to do a tour of the new stadium after the game! Mark was so pumped to be able to use his Turner credentials to get them onto the new field. (This is actually a picture of Mark in front of the new Yankee's stadium that Turner is building...see the sign?) They ended up just touring the city on Sunday and they spent the majority of their time down on Canal Street trying to get the most for their money…go figure! I ended up with a new Yankees baseball hat (see Week 35 picture of me) and a “hot” Burberry purse! I am so glad that Mark was able to go up there and have such a good time. It was a well deserved trip and he was able to make memories for a lifetime. But next time he has to take B-C and me along!
2 comments:
abbie---you look so good girl!!!! i love that belly and cannot wait to meet that little melon.
You are so adorable!!!
Post a Comment